Heya

Neodevilbane

Master of the Martini
Sorry I'm not around for jack or shit lately... computer has been on the fritz, as documented in another thread (now fixed, when I can get down there and pick the dang thing back up), and 3 guys are on vacation at work (only 1 of which has been at my company more than a year, mysteriously) so I've now got 0 days off. Actually, that's not true, I've been getting 1 day off a week, but mostly I use it to recover from the hectic scheduling of one day, 3-11 PM PST, the next day, 7 AM - 3 PM or whenever it's decided I can go home.

Everybody should be back in place by beginning of May, hope to return to action and miscellaneous assholery by then.

Peace!

Lack of tom foolery? Clearly I'm not trying hard enough! Pass the beef talf were having Magarita Shooters tonight!

Grkh... one thing after another.

A buddy advised me to overclock my GeForce FX 5600 card to increase my performance in a bout of DOOM 3, which I did through the XPERTOOL program. Ran fine for 2 days, then fried itself.

I'm out of a video card for a minute, but my new Chaintech GeForce 6600 (also 256 RAM) is on the way.

Mine wont let me overclock without testing itself. Probably limits the max overclocking, but I haven't fried anything yet, and I get some mad settings.

Eh... I run on the same laptop as I have ever since I started FFXI. And, I had it a good year and half before the game ever came out~ my mad settings include everything on nill or lowest and getting 10 FPS average(if I look at the melee) for just exp parties. Yay!!

Deretic said:
lol every time I try overclocking, I fry my vid card.

Try being greedy with a volt mod and water cooling. If something goes wrong, it doesn't just fry it catches on fire. btw, I would like to thank ATI for a great warranty and RMA service. :p

lol, I'd probably be like that guy from Harold & Kumar if I saw my video card burst into flames in front of me... "Whoa... EXTREME!!!"

Efini said:
Try being greedy with a volt mod and water cooling. If something goes wrong, it doesn't just fry it catches on fire. btw, I would like to thank ATI for a great warranty and RMA service. :p

Haha. ive gone throu 3 Vid cards on this machine allready. First two were Nvidia's and 3rd was a malfunctioning ATI. This one seems to be holding up thou hehe.

Back