heads up

furax

Chikubi
FC/Leadership
there's a linkshell already made for people to do salvage and uhh, if you didn't sign up on the thread that doesn't fucking exist in here, then you can't go.

Basically, if you missed the signup for the January 20th salvage, you have to find your own way.

Go suck a dick. Don't put salvage in the fucking lsmes if everyone in the ls can't go.

Last edited:
As I understood it, we were doing calling all LS members, then taking outside people. Seems to me this is no longer an LS event. If that's the case, let's leave it off /lsmes & plan other events.

No one was ever excluded from Ultima Salvage. The problem was we were short on people a majority time so I stopped trying to organize it. Kalia started a Salvage LS last week as a result. There are a few Ultima members attending this. I've seen a few other LS members attending with another Salvage LS as well.

Had there been widespread attendance in the LS, I'd still schedule it as an event for the LS. If anyone comes to feel there is widespread interest and sufficient people who will attend regularly, I will schedule this for the LS again and you can run the event.

I missed the original post because I had no internet access at my new home plus i was bed-ridden for 1+ week due to almost breaking my leg. I had no idea that ls Salvage was cancelled. I agree with Sass, with removing salvage from /lsmes.

from what I saw, we totally lost interest in salvage against limbus. I was searching for another Salvage LS and kalia made one so yeah.

Its one of those events that we have no idea about much of it with strats and the drop rates are horrendous that people dont want to do it.

If we had a dedicated group of 13-15 in the LS willing to do regular salvage runs Id go with that, but last LS salvage run it was Magos...and me I think so we cancelled it.

Nobody cared so much about salvage last time it was posted on the LS forum. There were like 2-3 ppl signed up with the last person signed up on the day of the run. With the amount of preparation required for Salvage, the kind of attention we got from the sell couldn't make it happened. So Kalia and Fod and some others in the shell made a static out of it and invite outsiders.
How do people lost interested in this because of the way it ran even though they weren't even interested in the first place and don't know how it is being ran anyway?

And yea, I'm agree about the LS msg removal, but Fod already explained it.

Let me clear up what happened:

About 3-4 weeks ago, Salvage was introduced and Magos started doing a lot of research and posting strategies and whatnot. Then started trying to organize a few runs. First 2 runs or so, lots of people showed up.

Then, peole quickly lost interest in Salvage. I posted a few signups on the forums. A few people responded. Even fewer showed up, the rest just changed their minds at the last minute. Didn't have assault points, felt like doing something else, whatever. End result of this is Salvage wasn't happening.

Fine, but personally i want to do salvage. So what am I supposed to do? Sit back with my thumb in my ass and pray that someday LS interest in Salvage starts growing? No, I created a Salvage LS. I found some people in Ultima who were dedicated to do Salvage twice a week, every week, no questions asked. I found some other people who felt the same, mostly members of NuDawn. Now we have a core group of people who are dedicated. I don't have to worry anymore about whether half the signups are going to no-show or change their mind at the last minute.

Salvage isn't like Dynamis where you can just open your doors and let anyone who wants to come in whenever they want. It requires a considerable amount of teamwork and cohesion in order to make any progress whatsoever toward completed pieces of Salvage equipment. And that typically means you need the same group of people every single time, and that the casual Salvager is wasting his time because he's not going to get anywhere.

I told you in tells that you can gather a group of 6 people from the LS and attempt a low-number Salvage. What's so unacceptable about that that you have to resort to telling your LS members to suck a dick? I did my part, I tried for a few weeks to gather LS interest. So sorry if I don't sit around on my ass waiting for something to come, instead of taking the initiative to make it happen.

P.S. Everyone in the LS can't go anyway, since only 18 people fit in the zone.

Last edited:
i think the point is that there is interest within the shell to do salvage, or this post wouldnt have happened to start with.

Someone that is interested in doing Salvage needs to take the initiative and organize it....

I'm neutral 'cause I can't go anyhow.

i think the point is that there is interest within the shell to do salvage, or this post wouldnt have happened to start with.

Didn't look like that on the Salvage forum.

And this thread was started because someone feel the needs to flame someone else.

It's weird people just blame us because we do things that they didn't want to even though we asked them. :google:

Didn't look like that on the Salvage forum.

And this thread was started because someone feel the needs to flame someone else.

It's weird people just blame us because we do things that they didn't want to even though we asked them. :google:
Didn't want to? lol. There were people asking about Salvage on the LS after JoJ.

Didn't want to? lol. There were people asking about Salvage on the LS after JoJ.

Didn't want to when we started the whole Salvage thing and that was back in January. Like I said it's not a one-day thing and I'm sure everyone knows that.

Just like Aa suggested, if people do have interest they still can always start doing it, I don't see why it is so big of a deal? The only confusion I guess was the LS message, and it's been resolved.

Oh please, I didn't come to flame anyone, I came to vent my frustration. If I want to flame someone I'd actually mention them.
I missed the thread for the 20th, so now I'm excluded. As well as anyone else who may have missed it.
Kalia, where did you mention the creation of a Salvage LS? I would have liked to have been a part of it, like many other people. Did you just send certain people a tell asking them? Six people? I'm not sure which zone we did in the weeks before the secret society was made, but I'll be damned if six people can do SHIT in salvage.

Tii, the confusion is a Salvage linkshell was made and only a select few seem to know about it. How is that fair to anyone else that wants to go?

I should have actually posted this in the rants section. Feel free to move it there, mods.

Oh please, I didn't come to flame anyone, I came to vent my frustration. If I want to flame someone I'd actually mention them.
I missed the thread for the 20th, so now I'm excluded. As well as anyone else who may have missed it.
Kalia, where did you mention the creation of a Salvage LS? I would have liked to have been a part of it, like many other people. Did you just send certain people a tell asking them? Six people? I'm not sure which zone we did in the weeks before the secret society was made, but I'll be damned if six people can do SHIT in salvage.

Tii, the confusion is a Salvage linkshell was made and only a select few seem to know about it. How is that fair to anyone else that wants to go?

I should have actually posted this in the rants section. Feel free to move it there, mods.

Yes, there was no official annoucement. And the reason being that prior to our first pick-up run, Kalia did not make a LS, but rather asking around people with the same interest trying to set up some run. And as we see the commitments in those people that we decide to make it static. Besides the post on the LS, we did ask around in LS chat, and all we got was /Silence. What else should we do??? I am sorry you missed everything but we tried everything we could, I cannot put a gun behind people back to force them to come to Salvage.

And Salvage is not like Dynamis or Limbus where you can just come and there'r things/rewards you can lot. Hell at least with Limbus you have coins. So far we only got 1 piece of weapon as a result of 16 ppl efforts for couple weeks, and that is with 2 runs per week. With this sort of required commitment it will be hard for others if people just decide to come when they feel like it. And that's why we recommend you start another group.

And I don't think you have to stick with the "6 people" suggestion either :google:

Last edited:

I asked the people who responded in the signup threads I posted.

As for people saying they were interested in Salvage during/after/before Jailer of Justice, my goal is actually making progress and winning them. It's not a spur of the moment thing. Without a core group of people who are doing this every time, it just isn't going to happen.

I'm open to the idea of expanding this somewhat, but it would require us splitting into multiple groups due to the 18 person limitation (and due to the fact that zones get harder with more people), and unfortunately I can't be in two places at once so it would require someone else doing some research on these zones, etc.

but I'll be damned if six people can do SHIT in salvage.

BTW, this is a misconception. Six people can be very effective in Salvage. Again, it's going to require some research on your part. The BG section for Salvage has a thread for each zone, where you can read about people's reports of doing Salvage with 6 people. You may not be albe to kill the boss with 6 (although it's probably only a matter of time before someone does), but you can get plenty of other equipment and mobs with 6. Six people is absolutely effective for certain types of Salvage runs.

Back