Hackers suck!

Kulgan

As I'm sure most of you have heard from Abby/Ming, my account was hacked, and server hopped to Cerb.:arg: I started the process to get my account back, but sounds like it may be a couple of weeks before I am back online. Hopefully I wont lose too much of my gear, we will see. And yes, hackers really do suck....

Just out of curiosity, how did they do it? I was under the impression that just about everybody used the security tokens.

I didn't get a token, before they suspended the sale of them. They go back on sale next week, and I plan on getting one ASAP.

/comfort

OK, now some really bad news to update you all. They got Ming's account too. I am guessing there is something on my PC that they are using. So while we are down, i will be completely reformatting my PC to wipe whatever spyware they are using. Hopefully we will be back soon. :(

Omg=/ wow.

Looks like I am now unhappily squirreled away with the Fairy's....
So if you need me, I will be in my room dual wielding my crochet hooks.

Dishcloths anyone? ><

Just out of curiosity, how did they do it? I was under the impression that just about everybody used the security tokens.

Was it a website that you visited that injected a Trojan/Keylogger et. al? Same PWs all across the board?

Attached a picture of the first gil seller tell that created drama in every servers since people actually visited that site and got their accounts hijacked.

img_20070513_142033.png

Somehow he got a keylogger from somewhere. We most typically frequent atlas, and wiki, so who knows. The only places we actually log in, are forums. The stink of it is that he ran all sorts of crap catchers on his pc, and it didn't catch anything other than your normal cookies/rootkit crap. While he was running said cleaners on my pc, he logged me in on his pc, which apparently has the uninvited guest. Yesterday he wiped his h/d and reloaded everything, let's just hope that got rid of the problem.

So blah. Here I am again waiting until 11am so the silly PoL center opens.

Aww Ming, hope this get sorted out soon.

After 4 hours of waiting for a stupid person, I can finally log on. Ming has been named Norry >< the horror. The bastards dropped my YY robe, and have made me one sad panda. The audacity of them to dress my uber blm~ness in AF and zenith slacks... 0.0.

So now I am back to waiting another 4 freaking hours to get the data recovery going. Sigh.

It does look like they were stopped before they got to Mega and Bella, which is slighty good because Bella had most of my gil! With today being Monday, I will just hope that I am back on-line just in time for a holiday weekend...yay me.

Dang..I hope to see you back intact soon. :(
and YY robe..well it could be worse. Only takes a day or 2 with enough help to get it back. ...Norry, though...dang.

Seems you can NPC a YY robe for 6k...gross.
I do feel slightly sick to my stomach tho, as it has occured to me that I did give my acct. info away to a 3rd party, that may bite me in the ass. I better find out exactly where my Lexa <3 lives so I can say that I moved for a year!
/puke.

Somehow I don't feel that Lexa would be responsible for harassing you 2.

Never in this life or the next dozen would I ever think Lexa hacked us. Hell, even if she did, I wouldn't believe her. Never ever ever ever. Lexa means the world to me, as just being who she is made an enormous impact on our family.

It is the account history of where my character has been logged on from is what has me all nervous nelly like.

Back