Got AF? Put it on layaway!

Ehon

(Z_z)
From POL:

Recently, we have seen many players with several high-level jobs who have nowhere to store all their sets of artifact armor.

Until now, extra storage space has been provided in the form of Mog Safe expansions, furniture, and mannequins. However, we are currently working on a new system that will allow complete sets of artifact armor to be held by an NPC clerk.

Artifact armor for each job consists of five parts: Head, Body, Hands, Legs, and Feet.

If you trade all five parts to a certain NPC, you will receive a “claim slip” in exchange for your artifact armor. You can retrieve your armor at any time by talking to the NPC.

This new system is scheduled for implementation in the next version update.

FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team (2/4/2005)

Not sure sure I like that you have to have a full set...
mad.gif
I guess I need to get WAR up to 60 so I can toss my gloves and boots "on layaway". Isn't this why they created mannequins? Are they not working (e.g. a pain to get and no one wasting time on them)? Anyone using mannequins? I guess, if nothing else, this would free up mannequins for other rare/ex gear.

Regards,

Well, regardless.... I'll never go after getting a mannequin and I do plan on persuing AF gear for NIN,THF,PLD, RNG in my {tarutaru} career. Maybe more, I don't know... it will be nice to have a place to 'check' gear. 80 Mogsafe spaces is nice but is a pain when it's full of gear you can't put anywhere else. I have lots of mules that contain level 1-75 gear, they are well sorted and managed but when it comes to switching gear and jobs it's a pain.

On a average day I carry:

Echo Drops, Silent Oil, Prism Powder, Poison Potion, Hi-Reraiser, Light Staff, Dark Staff, WHM AF Body Gear, Noble's Tunic, Kingdom Aketon, Rings, Earrings, Food & Keys as needed. Gear varies from day to day, but out of 50 slots atleast 30 slots are full.

When it comes time to switch to RNG or anyother job it would nice to 'check' my WHM AF gear and just go pull preset gear off a mule and go with it.

I suppose there are various ways to look at this.

Thanks,

Aa

Yeah, I feel your pain... as RDM, I carry all my melee (sword/dagger), elemental staves, mythic wand, errant for spell casting and AF for melee/skill up, items/meds, random keys, and typically have 8-12 slots outta 60 available.

Random thought.. I hope it's a key item... imagine throwing the coupon away and losing your AF. :eek:hno:

Aangel--curious, I haven't ever used a mannequin, but besides the cost/trouble of getting one... why never persue? :) Some inside info that might save us hours of garrison and the other mindless things that it reqiures?

Regards,

Some people just look in Bazzars for pieces of the mannequin, other people do Garrisons and BCNM's for parts.

I know Corvac has a bunch of the Rare/Ex items for Garrisons......

I just don't feel the need to actually get a mannequin at this time.

Thanks,

Aa

I got a mannequin specifically to hold DRK AF a long time ago. Comes in handy, but it'd be nice to have the mannequin free for later level armor that I buy early for NIN. (Arhat's for instance)

Back