Fishing And Aquariums: A Discussion

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Ah yes, fishing. The lonely-miqo'te's skill, angling in the high seas, drudging out at two in the morning thunderstorms just to catch the big boi they've always dreamed of, lugging around a bag of cordials so heavy any Skyrim character would brick their britches at the sheer impressiveness of it.
Ah yes, fishing.

I'm dredging up this old topic because I feel like it and none of the other five threads addressing it lay forth and convincing arguments or decent points. Other than 'SE dumb hurr hurr' which no one appreciates, c'mon girls people have feelings.

I'm a hardcore angler, during my freetrial a year ago I fell in love with its simplicity. Finding fishing holes and seeing my log fill out, I done this all unguided. Find a fishing hole and working my way through the question marks. For weather and time-specific fish I kept a log on paper of what times and conditions I had fished in, and with what baits.
It got quite involved, I invited a friend out and we would scout out fishing spots using different baits to cover all the options. We had a lot of fun along the way.

When I began to big fish and found out no one wants to engage in that sort of higgelty piggelty and also that is WAY too big an ARG for one person to undertake I began using a tracker app. And that's okay, landing big catches is challenging, even with perfect knowledge of where and how to find them!

You see, I just enjoy the fishing. I also play other classes, my SCH and AST are both above 60 now and I just got me WAR to 50, all my crafters are 55+. But the fishing is my favorite.

I finally caught the titanic sawfish after, I hec you not, 8 months (yes I bought it for the quest don't @ me). I was so proud I wanted to display it in the FC house. I asked the officer online, I got permission, threw out the silver shark that was in there before (like, really?) and it's now beaming in the main foyer as the first thing people see when they enter the house.

I thought "this is great! I should get an apartment to store all my hard fought catches, that'll be awesome!". And as someone who's never engaged in glam or social or anything else I had a tough time navigating my way through the necessary means. I got the gil to buy an apartment, made a tier 2 aquarium and was very appointed, went off and got the gil for two tier fours, "It's a start, I'll get more later." And just as after I finally hooked the Ndendecki (a VERY cool looking turtle in Moondrip that you can find here) I marched to my apartment and found!

... It wont go in. Huh, maybe it's too big for the tier 2

... Oh.

And that's when I learned that aquariums are very underwhelming!

This saddens me greatly.

""B-but-but, turtles are so cool though? Surely that's a shoe-in aquarium fish."

Continue reading...

Back