Final Fantasy XIV Gameplay Videos

windian

The comments on the youtube video are pretty funny. Every one states "great graphics and animations" and then wow players add "but the game play is tooooooo slooooooow wahhhhhhh".

-benny

That's the first mistake WoW players will make walking into an SE game. Expecting a frenetic pace a la other Blizzard developed pieces. While the pacing IS slow, that is the style. As long as I played FFXI, I regret not leaving it for WoW sooner. Now, having seen these gameplay videos and some of the changes made to the graphics engine, I am not going to make the mistake of waiting to start this one. I'll be in it from day 1.

I'm not all that excited about the emotes they're doing (the Miqo's thumbs-up in particular), but I really like how much more detailed and expressive they look overall. Hard to see how the tail is moving though, and that's 1/2 the charm of Mithra emotes. :p

Hard to see how the tail is moving though, and that's 1/2 the charm of Mithra emotes. :p
It looks like it starts to move a little, but then another emote would start and it's motion would be curtailed (uhm... not really a pun, really)

I love the fact that the tails follow the hair color. Although that's another reason it was so hard to tell, the color faded into the background and made it hard to see.

Btw definitely rolling a taru this time around :) HYUUMAN seems way too boring after years and years of it in XI.

-benny

Btw definitely rolling a taru this time around :) HYUUMAN seems way too boring after years and years of it in XI.

-benny

This is sadly ... a good point. Makes me think of trying something else. Dang you benny -- it was all so simple 10 minutes ago

Still gonna be a kitteh! and Benny can't change my mind!!

:p

Cat ftw! Cats + Japanese were the two main reasons I got FFXI instead of waiting a few months for WoW to come out.

This game has me more and more exciting with each passing day..

The graphics are amazing, and I love how they demonstrated dragging certain aspects of the UI to show that it's likely going to be very customizable.

I wonder if they'll allow support of add-ons, like on WoW.. eliminate the need of a third-party program like windower with its plugins for little tweaks in-game.

They seem to be doing everything right from what I've seen so far..

I also saw the mouse being used to move the camera.. could it be, actual decent mouse support?

I'll probably be a hume again. Just because.

Still gonna be a kitteh! and

Ditto! And ditto on <3 for the hair/tail matching too. I hope it does move decently. Kitteh tails are too cute to not be used for expression.

You know what's really cool? You store the bow on your back!!!! I know, lame point to pick on, but how many times have you used a bow and wished you could stow it the way Semih Lafihna does? Instead of pulling it out of your arse that is?

The UI looks clean and sleek, liking that. Can move it?!? Yay SE!!!

This is made of win. I miss you guys a lot. But definitely hope to see you in 14. :D

Looking again at the gameplay video, it looks like there's a counter going. There's no exp in the game though so I wonder if some quests have FoV ties. Killing 5 of something is a hell of a lot better than killing 50 for 5 drops.

Back