Final Fantasy XIV: ARR

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
For anyone that manages to come by, there are a number of people floating around on the Ultros NA world during the beta testing. (which is in Phase 3)

You can find me as: Aangeliceus Kitteh

ffxiv_ak.png

I'm on here as Fiko Shadowind (previously Eliik Moonrunner but it feels weird being in a FF MMO without the Fiko name)

I'd attach a screen shot but my connection here is horrible (5Mbps down, under 1Mbps up).

A follow-up for people passing through, regarding the NA/EU and JP Worlds for FFXIV ARR.

ffxiv_20130623.png

I don't know where the majority of former Valefor people are going, still being discussed I think.

I'm quite literally beginning to love this game, and it's still in beta. If I had time available right now I'd totally be taking off every Friday until phase 4.. but sadly I only have Saturdays to play (which results in me playing all day long since time is so limited).

EDIT: Also, think I might use my WoW MOP week trial since I'm suddenly in MMO mode. Or maybe I'll play Aion or Star Wars: TOR since those are free. (saving money to move right now so trying not to pay for things when I don't have to).

I'm quite literally beginning to love this game, and it's still in beta. If I had time available right now I'd totally be taking off every Friday until phase 4.. but sadly I only have Saturdays to play (which results in me playing all day long since time is so limited).

EDIT: Also, think I might use my WoW MOP week trial since I'm suddenly in MMO mode. Or maybe I'll play Aion or Star Wars: TOR since those are free. (saving money to move right now so trying not to pay for things when I don't have to).

Yeah, I have the same feeling about this game and the added FFXI elements make it really feel nostalgic. I found more music in various cutscenes that I remember from FFXI and the story style is much more enjoyable than v1.0.

Once thing I don't like: The idiocy of pulling a mob from a group, if you pull it too far it goes into invincible mode and runs back to it's original position. (HP bar resets and you have to start over again)

The transportation system: Instant Airships, Aethernet ports and telepoints at major cities/junctions, very nice.

I feel like such a newb when running into level 40'ish stuff and getting one-shotted. Hello Davoi, Quicksands Cave & Altepa all over again.

There are some parts that look like some names were taken from WoW and some new music that I feel like I've heard before.

Overall, A+ so far from my point of view. I like the causal solo style but I appreciate the dungeons where it requires 4 players. Looking forward to more beta testing and eventual live release in August.

Yeah, FFXI elements... I ran into Bubbly Bernie(the fate west of horizon if you haven't seen him yet). I spazzed out.

I'm playing gladiator and just recently got a ranged attack so I haven't actually been able to pull anything yet. Unlocked all the available classes last night.

The jobs available are pretty basic, kind of like when FFXI originally came out (in Japan), so I can totally see them adding new jobs in later expansions.. like Ninja, Samurai, Thief.. though I expect these to be completely different animals to their FFXI counterparts. That's right.. this game is in beta and I'm already thinking about what they might have planned for expansions.

SE, you can take my money! I never imagined they'd be able to fix FFXIV but it looks like they have. Hate to think about the amount of money they sunk into this project, though. I think it will more than pay for itself however, if it runs nearly as long as FFXI has.

Thief, yes please! I want to swing some daggers. lol.
Fiko said:
The jobs available are pretty basic, kind of like when <acronym title="Final Fantasy XI">FFXI</acronym> originally came out (in Japan), so I can totally see them adding new jobs in later expansions.. like Ninja, Samurai, Thief.. though I expect these to be completely different animals to their <acronym title="Final Fantasy XI">FFXI</acronym> counterparts. That's right.. this game is in beta and I'm already thinking about what they might have planned for expansions.
You are not alone, not alone at all.
Fiko said:
Yeah, <acronym title="Final Fantasy XI">FFXI</acronym> elements... I ran into Bubbly Bernie(the fate west of horizon if you haven't seen him yet). I spazzed out.
Heard about this and I ran into FFXI crabs somewhere in Western La Cosa or whatever it's called. Classic. (Skill up anyone?!)
Fiko said:
SE, you can take my money! I never imagined they'd be able to fix <acronym title="Final Fantasy XIV">FFXIV</acronym> but it looks like they have. Hate to think about the amount of money they sunk into this project, though. I think it will more than pay for itself however, if it runs nearly as long as <acronym title="Final Fantasy XI">FFXI</acronym> has.
My thoughts as well... I never thought they could fix such a derailed train wreck. Their loss on investment? Millions of dollars, easily. Have heard how much SE has scaled back on other projects? This MMO will be their saving grace and they know it, but only if they do it right.

I can't believe this, but I'll put FFXI out to pasture completely if this game forges on beyond the greatness it's already established in beta.

Yah seriously. FFXIV 1.0 felt so empty and devoid of life. I think they tried too hard to create something different and the result was that train wreck of a game... 2.0 though.. honestly there's a ton to do. It's like they melded what works in other games, and what was good about FFXI. Which is all anyone ever wanted. Oh and male Miqo'te. And female Roegadyn. Fiko is now a cat.. lol.

Also what impresses me the most about FFXIV is that... they seemed to have listened to the players. I think they realized we know best. About time.

The best MMO is one where the developers hear us out. I hope this turns out to be something like that. Surely they've learned from the failure that was FFXIV 1.0.

Also what impresses me the most about FFXIV is that... they seemed to have listened to the players. I think they realized we know best. About time.

The best MMO is one where the developers hear us out. I hope this turns out to be something like that. Surely they've learned from the failure that was FFXIV 1.0.

Yep, agreed. I think they were trying some brazen new way of doing an MMO with v1.0 --- which meant that they had no idea what they were doing. In Japan, FFXIV is still getting slammed because of what happened in v1.0 with the weak Japanese language implementation. It still garners the nickname "Chinese Fantasy" but from what I hear, the tide is slowly turning among some Japanese players.

I'm curious to see what kind of local campaign they launch in Tokyo for FFXIV: ARR. Time to pull out my camera if it's worth noting.

Back