FFXIV: Open Beta Test Notes

Lots of goodies to play with! Amazed how completely they managed to turn this game around compared to 1.0

Lots of goodies to play with! Amazed how completely they managed to turn this game around compared to 1.0

I hope it helps them. They lost $130M last year and only predict profits reaped from a greater focus smartphone software sales; which haven't been very good since their smartphone games are uhh, slightly overpriced. They really need to keep a strong subscription user base to bolster their bottom end with all this IP they're converting to smartphone devices and marking up. It's a risky plan.

I hope it helps them. They lost $130M last year and only predict profits reaped from a greater focus smartphone software sales; which haven't been very good since their smartphone games are uhh, slightly overpriced. They really need to keep a strong subscription user base to bolster their bottom end with all this IP they're converting to smartphone devices and marking up. It's a risky plan.

Yeah...their app prices are outrageous.

Really liking the changes since phase 3.

Question~ The 1.0 charaters, will they still maintained their level as well when you change their appearance and login?

Not sure... I created my char today from 1.0 data, I wanted to change my appearance so it would like more like the Valgavv you see in my forum pic. Once I did that, I didn't notice that I was still at the default for job and created a guardian by mistake and it threw me ingame as a lvl 1 char. I didn't get a prompt or anything to proceed from where i left off. There was no option that I could see clearly to continue with existing progress. I'll give them a call to confirm to see what's up. I mean I wasn't very far anyway... a few levels on some specific roles and crafting. Overall level though on my Archer was 34... so I would be kind of bummed if I can't get that back at least. I did, however, have all my gear and gils that I ended 1.0 with. Now that think about it, I didnt try changing my weap to see if I'd go back to 34 Archer. Was in a rush to get to work lol. Ill let ya know :-P

Back