FFXIII

Elvier

FC/Active Member
When is it due to come out?

Looks cool.

Been awhile since they did anything more sci-fish (FFVIII).

That battle system looks really nice. I can't wait to give it a try.

I just wish they'd start making FF for PC.

When is it due to come out?
The demo hits Japan early this year as part of the big Blu-ray version of Advent Children. I think the game isn't too far behind it.

Unfortunately, they announced it won't be ready for the US until 2010. ;_;

The Japanese version is PS3 only, but the US version will be both PS3 and XBox. I really hope the release doesn't get held up by the XBox port. They say it will be unaffected, but we'd never hear it if the localization is done and they're still fighting with XBox Live or something. >:p

People are already crying and blaming the 360 for it being held up for a whole year.

I just can't imagine a port holding it up for that long...

Whatever the case, I just hope the story in 13 turns out better than it's predecessor. I was severely disappointed in FF12.. the gameplay was awesome but the story just didn't keep me interested like it normally does in the series.

Yeah, it wasnt so great...Hmm well maybe Idk...what should I buy!?

If you mean which system.. it's up to you. The PS3 is a more powerful system, but I was more interested in selection of games for the 360, so I got that. Well, the lower price may had been another factor as well.. it's a really bad idea to get it from ebay though.. just because of the issues with the older 360s. The new motherboard is a lot cooler and quieter, i swear it's almost as quiet as my PS2.

FFXIII Versus,however, will not be coming out for 360, so if you were looking forward to that as well, I'd probably stick with looking toward a PS3.

Aye, I enjoyed FF12 battle system but not the story so I'm yet to complete that game.

Yeah, well, I have a pretty good feeling about this one at least. Sci-Fi theme = good. *thinks back to FF6, 7 and 8*

Am I the only person that hated FFXII? I can't tell if FFXIII is using the FFXII battle system or going back to turn-based.

Based on some of the quotes above you about people not liking 12... no. But maybe for different reasons. Like everyone else, I couldn't get into XII because the characters and story totally uninteresting. The gambit system was hella good though. Looks like 13 has something similar, so if that's what you hated, might be out of luck. =/

P.S. Any of your FFXII lovers out there, sorry. But Vaan was totally, "Oh I'm just here," and Penelo was the "I'm the archtypal childhood friend," with no more depth to their characters. Blech. You know I'm right too. I will give you Balthier though. He was damn cool.

Last edited:
P.S. Any of your FFXII lovers out there, sorry. But Vaan was totally, "Oh I'm just here," and Penelo was the "I'm the archtypal childhood friend," with no more depth to their characters. Blech. You know I'm right too. I will give you Balthier though. He was damn cool.

lol it seriously felt like Balthier was the main character, and Vaan was just along for the ride. Sooo lame...

I think I almost had more fun doing hunts than trying to progress the story.

I spent the whole game saying to myself "it will get better, it always does when you least expect it" but it never happened.

I had fun with gambits and exploring, the story ruined the game for me, just seemed so un-final fantasy. Still plan to finish it someday.

lol it seriously felt like Balthier was the main character, and Vaan was just along for the ride. Sooo lame...

Actually, looking at the Wikipedia entry on FF12 last night, I realized what went wrong with that game. The "demographics" people came in.

Basch was initially meant to be the main character of the story, but the focus was eventually shifted to Vaan and Penelo when the two characters were created later in development.<sup id="cite_ref-FrenchInterview_30-0" class="reference">[31]</sup> The development team explained that their previous game, Vagrant Story, which featured a "strong man in his prime" as the protagonist had been unsuccessful and unpopular; the change regarding Final Fantasy XII from a "big and tough" protagonist to a more effeminate one was thus decided after targeting demographics were considered.

Way to go SE. Let the target demographics people come in and ruin a perfectly good game. That's why there's no substance to Vaan or Penelo. They were created late in development and artificially forced as the main characters. If Basch had been lead, it would have been a dramatically different, and maybe better, game.

I hadn't heard that about Basch, but yeah making him the main character could have improved things. As it was... Balthier ftw! ^_^ Really, I'm somewhat surprised by that development team's comments. I'd be surprised if Vagrant Story was under-appreciated because of its main character; I would have suspected its gameplay. And I really enjoyed the game. :p

I agree with Zeri on the gambit system of FFXII. I enjoyed it a lot, and I'm looking forward to see which features make it into FFXIII.

Back