FFXI - Recent Version Updates - Catch-Up

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
This post is to refer people to the latest major version updates that FFXI has seen in the last year or so:

February 2011 - Mini-Update:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11us/detail/6240/detail.html

* Level Restriction Changes
* Fields of Valor Changes
* Traverser Stone Changes (Abyssea)
* EXP Gain Per Monster Increased (Non-Abyssea Areas)
* Combat & Magic Skill Increases, Changes to conditions
* ToAU Ring - Ring Choice can be changed (similar to CoP Rings)
* Moogle Storage Changes
* Macro System Changes - Main Point, /wait no longer takes its own line.

December 2010:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11us/detail/6035/detail.html

* Wings of the Goddess Missions
* Salvage Changes
* Walk of Echoes Changes
* Dynamis Drop Rates Adjusted
* Einherjar Drop Rates Adjusted
* Campaign Changes
* Abyssea Changes
* Max Level is now 90, Quest: Beyond the Stars
* Max Merit Points is now 20
* Sneak / Invisible / Deodorize - Length of Use Adjusted
* THF TH Changes
* Other Various Job Changes due to level increases
* Mog Sack Added (Max. of 80 Additional Storage, through quests)

September 2010:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11us/detail/5835/detail.html

* Wings of the Goddess Missions
* Max Job Level 85, Quest: Expanding Horizons
* Abyssea Changes
* Job Specific Adjustments and JA's due to max level increase.

June 2010: Version Update

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11us/detail/5571/detail.html

June 2010: Abyssea Info

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11us/detail/6023/detail.html

March 2010:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11us/detail/5338/detail.html

December 2009:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11us/detail/5107/detail.html

Quick Summary;

* Max Level is 90
* Lots of Job Changes/New JA's
* Abyssea is a EXP gravy train
* Fafnir is still killed everyday. :google:

* Fafnir is still killed everyday. :google:

Lol so true...

After hitting 90 I started trying to get him since I still needed BB item.

KS99 still the easier way to go for that imo. Just finished mine.. finally :D

I did Behe KS99 with 5 a month or so ago and it went very smoothly MNK MNK WHM BLM RDM.

About a week ago did KS99 dragon with 18 in a shout group Deedo made. She said the reason she wanted so many was for faster runs (and more chances to buy a beard). Needless to say it was overkill. The majority of us were blm, had about 3 whm and 1 sam 1 pld. Unfortunately, there was alot of fail going on.. Deedo was on SAM and kept letting it fly before she SC'd so we couldn't MB it down. I'd say it could be done with ~8 good players.

Wow... That's quite a change from the olden days.

Thanks for the info, I haven't been in a KS99 in probably two years at this point.

Grats Yel.

For those looking to get stuff done with few people, THF+WHM can take out nearly anything in the first 2 aby expansions (with right atmas and gear). MNK+WHM can take out just about everything else.

If you're just starting Abyssea, if you do anything, go get the stone regeneration Abyssites first, then your all your +3 minutes/stone abyssites. Either watch for shout groups/farm your own pop for Eccentric Eve, Durinn, Hadal Satiator. Do the 9 zone boss clears and 6 caturae and get a shinryu clear. Be sure you are set up to get atma from the caturae, many are essential for a lot of jobs/situations. While you're low on stones, try to get in on an exp group to build lights and a few hrs of visitant status accrued then head off to do your own thing so you can leave with a full 120 min and not use stones. Completing all quests in all zones will net you a lot of cruor and help you get more abyssites. Having all the stat/HP/MP bonus abyssites and such make a big difference. Have fun!

For quick lvls, do doll parties in Altepa. They have a large model exp bonus, plus you get lots of cruor and exp, and 1 AF+1 seal/hr for doing the dominion op. For quick skillup of any melee skill, sub rdm (or bring a sch), Offensive skills: use Gnarled Horn, Roaring Laughter, Mounted Champion. Agro all the mandies in Attohwa and counter your skill to cap quicklike. Keep phalanx up or die. Defensive skills, use Vicissitude, Mounted Champion, Stronghold. For example, I did ~100 lvls of staff with this in ~1.5-2 hrs iirc. That'll save you days of whacking on crabs.

Grats Yel.

For those looking to get stuff done with few people, THF+WHM can take out nearly anything in the first 2 aby expansions (with right atmas and gear). MNK+WHM can take out just about everything else.

If you're just starting Abyssea, if you do anything, go get the stone regeneration Abyssites first, then your all your +3 minutes/stone abyssites. Either watch for shout groups/farm your own pop for Eccentric Eve, Durinn, Hadal Satiator. Do the 9 zone boss clears and 6 caturae and get a shinryu clear. Be sure you are set up to get atma from the caturae, many are essential for a lot of jobs/situations. While you're low on stones, try to get in on an exp group to build lights and a few hrs of visitant status accrued then head off to do your own thing so you can leave with a full 120 min and not use stones. Completing all quests in all zones will net you a lot of cruor and help you get more abyssites. Having all the stat/HP/MP bonus abyssites and such make a big difference. Have fun!

For quick lvls, do doll parties in Altepa. They have a large model exp bonus, plus you get lots of cruor and exp, and 1 AF+1 seal/hr for doing the dominion op. For quick skillup of any melee skill, sub rdm (or bring a sch), Offensive skills: use Gnarled Horn, Roaring Laughter, Mounted Champion. Agro all the mandies in Attohwa and counter your skill to cap quicklike. Keep phalanx up or die. Defensive skills, use Vicissitude, Mounted Champion, Stronghold. For example, I did ~100 lvls of staff with this in ~1.5-2 hrs iirc. That'll save you days of whacking on crabs.

Fodder, excellent information... thanks for posting that great summary.

Grats Yel.

Just read this and it literally is pure Greek to me. I reactivated my account today and in the process of updating everything. Holy hell though... I guess I'll be doing the ancient stuff I remember like farming, crafting, fishing, low level exp etc, until I can figure out the millions of changes that have happened in the last couple of years. I believe I still need an egg for my BB so i'll just wait until the level cap goes up a bit more, walk in, and 1 shot ol' Aspid...

Just read this and it literally is pure Greek to me. I reactivated my account today and in the process of updating everything. Holy hell though... I guess I'll be doing the ancient stuff I remember like farming, crafting, fishing, low level exp etc, until I can figure out the millions of changes that have happened in the last couple of years. I believe I still need an egg for my BB so i'll just wait until the level cap goes up a bit more, walk in, and 1 shot ol' Aspid...

I recently cutoff my FFXI accounts again, just for the pure sake of the lack of free time. I'm still doing FPS and a little WoW here and there... but yeah... it's almost all greek to me. It's not the same game we played many moons ago. All of this new leveling-express methods is great and all, but gone are the days of training mobs only to destroy your entire party.

The best leveling fun/experience I ever had in FFXI were the days of getting Cati her levels with Fod/Coice/Pit and the PL trio. :D

I'm going to repeating that line again in 10 years, I know it. lol....

EDIT: on that note, I'm still a very regular TF2 player and that game is changing as well. It's now free-2-play and they have a store where you can buy items (if you so choose to do so). FFIXV = haven't even bothered to update the game client.

That static party was definitely awesome to say the least. We had the power level trio with Reiza(sp?), Aa, and Soph? I think I was doing DRK in that party, where I inherited the name "Pit-o-death" lol. Gah, miss those days.

Back