Ff14 5.x Alternative Raid Buff Alignment And Openers

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hello there, Roxanne Stoner here! After months of talking with several experts in each class, poring over guides, utilizing simulators, leveling jobs for hands on experience, and staring off into space for hours at a time, I’ve finally put together a list of openers that work well with an alternative raid buff alignment for all the battle classes of FF14 5.X!

Most are variations while others are the exact same openers found on the Balance Discord, with a couple arranged myself. They’re not meant to be the definitive replacement for the current openers, but rather an alternative method for all raid buffs to line up relatively uniformly in order to deal more damage. That said, whichever opener results in an extra cast of a GCD, oGCD, buff, and/or burst window, or lines up better with a particular fight mechanic, that’s the one you should go for. The more options you have, the more prepared you’ll be for every encounter!

Before you check it out, here's a disclaimer from the healer portion of the doc:

The openers here are from a pure DPS perspective and are included in order to provide a visual representation of when buffs should be used in order to fit raid alignment. As there will most certainly be healing that needs to be done for AAs, tank busters, and/or raid damage, it’s extremely unlikely that you will be using all the following GCDs in this exact order. The best way to use these openers is to keep in mind the number of GCDs used prior to buffs and/or oGCDs and replace any offensive spells with healing ones as needed.

Anyway, I hope this helps people out. Be sure to check back in whenever a new patch comes out to see if anything’s changed. :cool:

FF14 5.X Alternative Raid Buff Alignment and Openers.

Continue reading...

Back