Extreme slowdown with 1.5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valyana

Ever since 1.5.1 I've found that DvsParse eats my CPU, so I can't both run it and get decent performance from the game. I just used it to parse a DL attempt; I was getting like 2-3 fps during the actual fight, though that's ok since I'm just a bard.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I can't really think of anything that would cause that. In fact, I even INCREASED the interval at which it scans for changes from 700 milliseconds to 1000 milliseconds. Did you verify using Task Manager that it's actually DvsParse eating the CPU cycles?

That's something else I thought of. The more messages it has to process, the more slowdown you'll encounter. I noticed some considerable slowdown when I tried parsing unfiltered in Besieged as a stress test.

Yes, it's not bad in a merit party, but I find it to be too much slowdown to use in Dynamis, even only parsing a single alliance.

I haven't downloaded the new version yet but i parsed in dynamis many times with no filters and never experienced this unless it's a bug in the new version.

Well, it's definitely possible. CPU speed, memory speed, etc are huge factors that could make it so that in such a situation some people would experience slowdown, and others wouldn't notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back