End game topics and advice.

Shinare

Knife Seller
FC/Active Member
I think it is time for a few tips and tricks for the endgame. First of all for now I can post a general outline of what the order of things is.

First you need finish the storyline to unlock Castrum Meridium. That is the easiest and quickest place to collect Tomes of Philosophy. Buy some upgrades replacing your lowest ilevel pieces. It's also possible to run The Wanderer's Palace. This drops better than AF gear and some tomes.

Once you can get the rank 3 GC (need to be level 50 and second to last rank) quest for Amdapor Keep you should try and run it once you upgrade some of your worst gear (try to get the best weapon you can Demon Wall will be the brick wall to the face if you don't have enough DPS and healing). Once that's done get the GC weapon.

You can now farm Amdapor Keep and you can start the relic weapon quest and start working on Hard mode primals.

More later.

Last edited:
Thanks Shin!

A few more notes now that I've cleared up to hard mode Titan (and lost a few times).

Ifrit is pretty easy, assuming you've cleared all the 5 player dungeons and finished the story (which you have to do to unlock him). Biggest thing is to have a SMN or BLM present to level 3 Limit Break when he does his 4 nails.

Garuda is a bit of a gear check but mostly skill check. The biggest thing you need gear for is to down the adds that blow up the rocks. So preferably everyone replaces what they can with drops from Amdapor Keep and Darklight pieces and your GC 50 weapon.

Titan is definitely a gear check. DPS (and everyone really) need to have replaced Artifact armor by this point with drops and darklight. In addition you need at least Ifrit's weapon if not preferably Garuda's. Heals need most of this though the weapon isn't quite as important it helps. This is currently the hardest fight in the game outside of Bahamut's Coil.

A couple of useful sites:

http://www.ffxivguild.com/ff14-a-relic-reborn-arr-guide-faq/
Guide for the relic weapon quest. It's mostly easy but I had some trouble downing Chimera and Hydra due to PUGs and in general not paying attention.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xehanort1227/videos
Useful guides and videos for some of the hardest fights in the game among other things. Additionally has good videos for macros and playstyle for bards.

Thanks Shin, was gonna write somethinf like this up as all I need is Titan for relic and pugs are driving me crazy :p Ive heard good things about straight shout recruiting at revenants toll, if you still need we can organize a run w LS people, Nakama shouts and recruitment

I'm at the point where I can run CM and Wanders, but its been rough getting capable parties for both..esp Wanders since the second boss is dps driven. Im on the last story dungeon, but will prob save that for the weekend. Im hoping I can run wanders at least once a night if anybody is down.

A quick and dirty hierarchy of gear progression would be nice. Like AF < AK drop < Primals. I'm a bit confused and clueless regarding this.

Sooo, last night I ran Wanders twice, and in that time I was able to replace my Legs, Feet, Hands, and belt with the gear that drops there I also had enough to replace my wrist gear with darklight. Pretty happy about it... ended up getting the Giantstail bow as well to be dps worthy for AK. I'm still on Praetorium (or whateva), and need to finished that up before I can access AK. Not a bad night though... the grind shall continue.

I misread your post Furax, my bad. I thought you were giving a progression and then stating you were confused by something else lol

Basically, AF > Wanderer's Keep > AK/Ifrit/Raids/Start Relic Quest > AK/Garuda > Titan > Bahamut's Coil

Mix in the raids wherever you can after WK, you'll probably want some AK gear. AK is pretty good- I got all my Lv50 gear / accessories in like, three runs, plus you get tomes. As you're running relic quest components (Chim, Hydra, Primals, etc) you should also be doing raids (Praetorium, CM) along with AK to start saving some Tomes of Philosophy; you're going to need these to purchase Darklight gear (semi-required for Garuda/Titan, def. required for Coil) as well as 900 for your final piece of relic quest. Also, try to max Mythology tomes by running AK 8x a week (max 300 per week) as it takes 900 to upgrade Relic to +1, and you also purchase AF+1 (or AF2, whatever you call it) with these, which is what you're gonna want for Coil.

This might still be confusing, if you need advice, hit me up in-game. I'm one successful Titan away from relic and about ready to start Coil

I misread your post Furax, my bad. I thought you were giving a progression and then stating you were confused by something else lol

Basically, AF > Wanderer's Keep > AK/Ifrit/Raids/Start Relic Quest > AK/Garuda > Titan > Bahamut's Coil

Mix in the raids wherever you can after WK, you'll probably want some AK gear. AK is pretty good- I got all my Lv50 gear / accessories in like, three runs, plus you get tomes. As you're running relic quest components (Chim, Hydra, Primals, etc) you should also be doing raids (Praetorium, CM) along with AK to start saving some Tomes of Philosophy; you're going to need these to purchase Darklight gear (semi-required for Garuda/Titan, def. required for Coil) as well as 900 for your final piece of relic quest. Also, try to max Mythology tomes by running AK 8x a week (max 300 per week) as it takes 900 to upgrade Relic to +1, and you also purchase AF+1 (or AF2, whatever you call it) with these, which is what you're gonna want for Coil.

This might still be confusing, if you need advice, hit me up in-game. I'm one successful Titan away from relic and about ready to start Coil

God, that makes much more sense now. Thanks Jot.

For tomes, you can still speed run both Prae and AK, it just works differently than pre-patch. There are a 3-4 sac pulls the tank makes in AK, Prae is standard fare, just train and sleep/let tank die while other port, or AoE the pull, depending in if there is a key you need dropped to proceed. It probably won't work out well using the Douchebag Finder, so if you plan to do this recruit people who know what they are doing before hand. Also, Prae can be solo healed so you can sub in an extra DD to speed things a bit more.

Can't wait to get into trying HM. Got to finish The Praetorium soon and move on.

Back