Dynamis-Xarcabard Parse, No Export?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archain

Kitteh Paws
I used it tonight in Dynamis Xarcabard, but was not able to do an export after the session was finished. I'm not sure if this was disabled recently or not. It didn't appear to allow me to save the parse for later either (it's the main reason I was posting).

Damage Parse - Dynamis-Xarcabard

Loot Parse - Dynamis-Xarcabard

No Export or Save Function

Debug.log (Edited out my name)
Code:
12/27/2006 8:55:29 PM - Clearing all parse data.
12/27/2006 8:55:29 PM - Clearing all parse data.
12/27/2006 8:55:30 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Monitor thread started.
12/27/2006 8:55:30 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Attempting to connect to Final Fantasy.
12/27/2006 8:55:30 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Module FFXiMain.dll Base Address = 1820000
12/27/2006 8:55:30 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Success attaching to Final Fantasy XI process!
12/27/2006 8:55:30 PM - Attempting to read chatlog meta info...
12/27/2006 8:55:30 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Dereferencing chat pointer.
12/27/2006 8:55:30 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Dereferencing chat pointer.
12/27/2006 8:55:30 PM - DvsChatmon_3: Monitoring...
12/27/2006 8:55:36 PM - Creating log dump file at C:\Documents and Settings\[COLOR="Red"]----- ---------[/COLOR]\Desktop\DVSParse\Dumps\ChatDump--27_12_2006--2055.
12/27/2006 9:53:37 PM - ERROR - An Exception occured while processing a chat line.  Line=s, Message=startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex
12/27/2006 9:53:37 PM - ERROR - An Exception occured while processing a chat line.  Line=,00,0, Message=startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
12/27/2006 9:53:37 PM - ERROR - An Exception occured while processing a chat line.  Line=, Message=startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
12/27/2006 9:53:37 PM - ERROR - An Exception occured while processing a chat line.  Line=, Message=startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
12/27/2006 9:58:07 PM - ERROR - An Exception occured while processing a chat line.  Line=D, Message=startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.

I was trying to get the parse to export in order to display it in the Dynamis section. I've got the dumpfiles still, I think.

Check if the file

C:\Documents and Settings\----- ---------\Desktop\DVSParse\Dumps\ChatDump--27_12_2006--2055

exists on your hard drive. If it does, can you post it here?

I have

ChatDump--27_12_2006--2055.dvsc (9.97 MB (10,461,902 bytes))

and

ChatDump--27_12_2006--2055.dvss (118 KB (120,845 bytes))

I can upload them both if needed.

I have

ChatDump--27_12_2006--2055.dvsc (9.97 MB (10,461,902 bytes))

and

ChatDump--27_12_2006--2055.dvss (118 KB (120,845 bytes))

I can upload them both if needed.

Sure, upload them both (put them in a Zip first). For the record, either one will suffice if you want to continue the parse at a later date (for example, a second Dynamis - Xarcabard). In fact, these are the intended files for continuing a parse. That part of the parser seems to be working as designed.

The DVSC file is a complete dump of your chat log, so if you attempt to continue the parse by selecting that file it will take you quite a while to reparse a log that size (the performance problems with reparsing large files has since been fixed, and will be made available via a future version update). Continuing from the DVSS file will not reparse anything, but will simply load the statistics as they were previously. Regardless of which one you continue from, both files will be updated automatically after the next parse. So they won't be out of sync with each other or anything.

I agree that it's unintuitive the way it works now. The UI doesn't really make it obvious that these are the files you need if you want to continue a parse later, and it also doesn't make it obvious that you can safely rename them to whatever you want (i.e. something more friendly). Again, all these problems have been fixed, but the next version update is going to be pretty big so it'll still be a while before i'm able to release it.

As for those exception messages in the debug.log, not sure about those but that definitely indicates a bug. Also Export is supposed to be working, if it doesn't that's also a bug, possibly related. Anyway put your debug.log, .dvsc, and .dvss files into a zip and post them here. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out what went wrong and do a hotfix. Worst case scenario is the logs don't provide enough information to figure out the problem, and you have to wait until next version for a fix (although this problem seems to be isolated, as I've heard of other people being able to export successfully, so maybe it was just a one-time thing).

The continuation allows me to Export, but not after I stop the parse. It seems to disable it when I stop it.

I loaded up the large one and it won't allow me to export until I continue (damnit though it's fun to watch the numbers load up in sequence like a turbo Dynamis, lol).

I loaded up the smaller one and it will allow an export, but only when not stopped and in continue like the one above it.

Edit - I got it to export, but it would only allow this if I elected to continue the parse.

http://www.infieldpress.com/parser/1-Parser Logs/SavedParse--28_12_2006--0227.html

Last edited:
The continuation allows me to Export, but not after I stop the parse.

I loaded up the large one and it won't allow me to export (damnit though it's fun to watch the numbers load up in sequence like a turbo Dynamis, lol).

I loaded up the smaller one and it will allow an export, but only when not stopped.

Edit - I got it to export, but it would only allow this if I elected to continue the parse.

http://www.infieldpress.com/parser/1-Parser Logs/SavedParse--28_12_2006--0227.html

Hmm, yea I can potentially see this happening. There is definitely an internal distinction in the parser between "actively monitoring for new lines" and "displaying stuff, but not actually monitoring". The two states have different rules applied to them, and although I don't know off the top of my head how it applies to exports, I wouldn't be surprised if exporting is only allowed while it's in the state of "actively monitoring for incoming lines".

In case I didn't mention it, there's only two ways to get the parser into the "actively monitoring for new linse" state. One way is clicking Start New Parse. The other is clicking Continue Parse. Clicking Stop Parsing brings it out of the state. In essence, if you see "Parser State (Inactive)", expect different behavior from various places. I'll work on enhancing the usability for the next update.

In case I didn't mention it, there's only two ways to get the parser into the "actively monitoring for new linse" state. One way is clicking Start New Parse. The other is clicking Continue Parse. Clicking Stop Parsing brings it out of the state. In essence, if you see "Parser State (Inactive)", expect different behavior from various places. I'll work on enhancing the usability for the next update.

That's probably exactly my problem then. I wanted to make sure I cut it off after the run was over so I didn't get Bone Chips and damage to Lost Souls added to the parse after the run was over.

That's probably exactly my problem then. I wanted to make sure I cut it off after the run was over so I didn't get Bone Chips and damage to Lost Souls added to the parse after the run was over.

I guess a temporary workaround until the next version would be

1) Click Stop Parsing immediately so you dont' get the stuff you don't want.
2) Later when it's safe, click Continue Parse, and choose the .dvss file so it loads fast.
3) Export Parse, then Stop Parsing agian.

I'm honestly very impressed that I was able to run it from start to end through an entire Dynamis-Xarcabard with several DRK Kraken+SE+BW in play through the Animated Weapons.

I used no filters for the entire run and it didn't choke, simply beautiful. The other parser would have been reduced to use as a simple means to item tally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back