Dynamis and Limbus gets a makeover! (08/04/2008)

Ease up a bit there Grimace. I'm sure we'll all be disappointed by the stats in due time.

But I was hoping for Nashmira's gear ;;
That would have been AMAZING and would have justified every single moment I put into PUP. Ah well.... ;_;

Benny's right about PUP being flexible. I had a lot of fun leveling it, and there's a lot you can do. People underestimate it a lot. Can't get a low-level invite? Then that group is really missing out. "What do you mean I'm only doing 70% of your damage? Funny, my puppet's doing the same as me." Hello, 140%!

The main problem I was having was finding stuff to do with it at 75. I posted about JoL and Kirin strategies for using PUP, but when it comes down to it, it seems like we always need another whm/brd/blm.

I wish I had time to get the merits I need for PUP and really try the additions they've made, but right now merits are targeted for blm (and probably sch as of the update :p).

At least I know there won't be much competition for PUP relics. ^_~

Ill just speculate here on Corsair armour. This isnt what I really really want, just what I think SE will reasonably give us. See how close I get.

Body AGI+5 Enhances Quickdraw effect Ranged Accuracy +5 Ranged Attack +5
Head STR+5 Ranged Attack +15 "Adds Recycle Effect"
Feet HP+15 STR+2 HP recovered while healing +2 enmity -2
legs Dex+2 Ranged Accuracy +10 Increases Rapid shot activation rate
Hands HP+15 AGI+2 Parry Skill +5 Evasion +7

I understand them waiting too see how the jobs develop before releasing AF2, There are many jobs that are played much differently then intended, and many jobs that have af2 that are pretty much worthless. After learning how people play it will allow them to make semi-usefull pieces...hopefully...

Ill just speculate here on Corsair armour. This isnt what I really really want, just what I think SE will reasonably give us. See how close I get.

Body AGI+5 Enhances Quickdraw effect Ranged Accuracy +5 Ranged Attack +5
Head STR+5 Ranged Attack +15 "Adds Recycle Effect"
Feet HP+15 STR+2 HP recovered while healing +2 enmity -2
legs Dex+2 Ranged Accuracy +10 Increases Rapid shot activation rate
Hands HP+15 AGI+2 Parry Skill +5 Evasion +7

there's gotta be something for rolls on it somewhere I would presume.

tehres only one piece of armour that effects rolls and its a ring that makes roll distance farther, which is pretty nominal. I dont really see what else they could do with rolls other than make them more potent or something, but that might upset SE's precious 'balance'

im thinking that the Xarc piece would be the hat, I would hate for the hat to have some type of added Quickdraw bonus better than the AF1 hat. I would like to see the body with the quickdraw stat so I can couple it with the AF1 hat. THen couple the AF2 hat with the AF1 body. At least thats what my thinking was. I made the feet and hands look marginally good but totally useless as per SE's usual AF2 tricks.

Oh wow, that's kinda unexpected.

I'm interested in seeing the stats too. I really want to see if anything either enhances Phantom Roll or QD for COR.

My thing is they are also adding AF+1 with their mentioning of limbus in there too. As it stands now the BLU AF body is a must for casting, I will be curious to see how those stats are changed. I expect most of the AF+1 will just add random wtf stats, but if they touch any of the blue magic bonus, STR or DEX- I am going to have to find a new limbus shell.

As I told E earlier, I hate S-E for doing the one thing that would make me actually consider coming back. And then they do this too:

Furthermore, the overall drop rates of select Dynamis areas, covering the relic gear of all jobs old and new, are set to be raised as well.
Bastards. I just deactivated my WoW account like an hour before I saw this, too. :badshape:

Oh and hi.

Time issues might occur at the start, since there'll be a hype about the reduced entry fee, but if you think about it, the amount of people on the server aren't gonna increase, there's a high and steady amount of people that do dynamis regularly as it is. I don't think it'll be a significant increase or an issue that's going to hinder current scheduling.

edit: I r sux at reading. I am replying to an old-ass post.

Last edited:
Back