Duty Finder Language Setting Doesn't Seem To Work

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I don't know where to even talk about this, or if it's just me, but it's becoming more and more common that when I queue for the Duty Finder, matchmaking ignores my language selection. I queue with only english selected, but end up in entirely french parties, etc etc etc. Often they won't even have english selected as a language at all in their party settings, which makes me think I should mention it in case this IS actually a bug that people haven't picked up yet.

I'm playing on Chaos, Cerberus server, so I understand the playerbase is incredibly multinational, but the game is much less enjoyable when I cannot communicate with my party, especially in lower level content where a language barrier prevents me from be able to teach sprouts about boss mechanics and their own skillsets, and it's incredibly frustrating when said barrier prevents clearing content. I don't mind waiting a long time for queues, I just want to be able to speak with the people I'm matched with and help them enjoy the game the same way more experienced players helped me when I was starting out.

I guess, shame on me for not speaking french and dutch, of course!
But I did want to make a post to bring this to light and ask for some clarification. Is it simply a priority setting that's poorly worded and I'm misunderstanding?

The game's own explanation of 'You will be matched with players who are using the selected languages' seems like a hard filter, like if my only selected language is english I will only be matched with players who select english, but of course this just hasn't been the case, so this doesn't feel at all like it's working as intended.

Continue reading...

Back