Dreaded 401 And 601 Errors W/payment

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
So, I've been hit with the dreaded errors on payment methods.

My main account may be blocked for 30 days until I can fix the payment method.
(nothing is wrong with my card or anything like that...)

The main problem is that I live outside of the country where account is based fr0m. So, if I try login and pay while in Japan, it seems I get blocked.

Anyway, tomorrow is my payment cycle day... we'll see what happens.

Hmm Guess paying SE is on your things to do while in US for Christmas? O.O Hope it gets cleared up Soon!

Hmm Guess paying SE is on your things to do while in US for Christmas? O.O Hope it gets cleared up Soon!

Well, I have access to a remote desktop in the states but if I try it again from a different geographic location, it's a guaranteed lock.

I have a 2nd account that is locked for sure. The main account, I updated recently because the card expired. The automated billing is supposed to happen today, but it may be rejected since I used the same card on the alternate account.

We shall see......

So, I've been hit with the dreaded errors on payment methods.

My main account may be blocked for 30 days until I can fix the payment method.
(nothing is wrong with my card or anything like that...)

The main problem is that I live outside of the country where account is based fr0m. So, if I try login and pay while in Japan, it seems I get blocked.

Anyway, tomorrow is my payment cycle day... we'll see what happens.

I had to change my account to a secondary one. Since Steam isn't wanting to accept american express I am waiting for the new debit card to be able to log back in.

Have you tried calling American Express? They have a seriously badass customer service department.

Have you tried calling American Express? They have a seriously badass customer service department.
Well I need to but the problem is I have to do some things for work that are also keeping me from having any kind of fun :(

Yep, I got hit with the error email this morning. CANCELLED they say, haha.

I managed to secure an online game time card (60 days) and I'll take care of this billing mess when I have more time.

My Japanese account, never happens. Always smooth as a baby's bottom. They do limit those accounts to Japan-based credit cards only, so the risk control is much tighter.

They must have the fraud controls on super-max-level-we-don't-wan't-your-snot-covered-money settings. :banghead:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear it is a mess. But will you be able to get online with the game time card?

Back