Do pets work now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coren

Non-Validated User
I think I remember seeing that in one of the original releases, pet dmg wasn't added correctly. Being a lolDRG, I'm curious if my wyv's dmg is added to the total yet. Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, I really did try to search for it. ><

It's definitely not added to your own damage. It may be considered as a separate player, which you can add manually. I've never tested it since all jobs that use pets are not even unlocked for me lol. Best way to find out is just go out and let your wyvern hit a few things and see what happens.

My wyvern is usually around 1/5 or 1/4 of my total dmg (depends what we're fighting). I have no problem adding him to mine manually, I was just curious if he's listed. Been at work all day and haven't had a chance to log on and tinker with the parser.

I had 2 DRG in a party just the other day and their pets damaged showed at 4% and 5%. They each had their own entry.

It seems that when 1.1.1 sees two mobs fighting it guesses which one is the pet and which the enemy, and often guesses wrong. When I'm playing BST sometimes it gets it right and (more often) it doesn't. And parsing Fafnir today it shows Faf doing 31.74% of damage, presumably because of confusion with SMN avatars, or perhaps with the damage being done to Darters at the same time.

Actually, I'd guess that the problem on HNM is just that Fafnir only has one name, so the parser thinks he's a player. I've run into the same problem at other HNMs with a single name.

1.5 is a lot better about figuring out what's a player and what's an enemy. In 1.5, it only needs the very first occurence ever of the mob's name to appear in such a way that it's unambiguous. For example, if the very first occurence ever is:

The King Behemoth hits Valyana for 450 points of damage.

Then neither of these will ever be incorrect for the duration of the parse.

Where it gets confused usually is when an avatar, wyvern, or pet hits an enemy, because in that case the "code" that it comes across with is ambiguous. In 1.5 that's fixed, it looks at each entity and tries to figure out if either one has ever been used in an unambiguous manner before, and if it has it picks the opposite type for whichever one is unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back