Day of the Week Items? The new belts, any connection?

Archain

Kitteh Paws
There's something that could potentially add a huge amount of power to classes that use "day of the week" weapon/armor types. I'm not totally sure how it works yet, but if I've got a basic idea of how the new items that modify this work, I can see a very large increase of power by owning one of the new 71+ belts.

# Karin Obi (Rare/Ex/NoSale) - Waist, DEF:7 Gain full benefit of Firesday/fire weather bonuses, Lv.71 All Jobs
# Hyorin Obi (Rare/Ex/NoSale) - Waist, DEF:7 Gain full benefit of Iceday/ice weather bonuses, Lv.71 All Jobs
# Furin Obi (Rare/Ex/NoSale) - Waist, DEF:7 Gain full benefit of Windsday/wind weather bonuses, Lv.71 All Jobs
# Dorin Obi (Rare/Ex/NoSale) - Waist, DEF:7 Gain full benefit of Earthsday/earth weather bonuses, Lv.71 All Jobs
# Rairin Obi (Rare/Ex/NoSale) - Waist, DEF:7 Gain full benefit of Lightningday/lightning weather bonuses, Lv.71 All Jobs
# Suirin Obi (Rare/Ex/NoSale) - Waist, DEF:7 Gain full benefit of Watersday/water weather bonuses, Lv.71 All Jobs
# Korin Obi (Rare/Ex/NoSale) - Waist, DEF:7 Gain full benefit of Lightsday/light weather bonuses, Lv.71 All Jobs
# Anrin Obi (Rare/Ex/NoSale) - Waist, DEF:7 Gain full benefit of Darksday/dark weather bonuses, Lv.71 All Jobs

As a THF/NIN my favorite day of the week is Windsday. There are several weapons I'm able to use when Windsday is the current day of the week that I really take advantage of.

Mighty Knife - Goes from a regular 24DMG to a 31DMG on Windsday
Garuda's Dagger - Silence procs a ton on Windsday (as with all Avatar weaponry when used on the day they represent). The ability to lock this into the silence stacking mode that this currently has on Windsday would turn any 65+ dagger user into a mage killer in Ballista. Garuda's Dagger even silenced Kirin (I took video of it).
Wind Ring - Evasion +15 on Windsday
Mighty Bow - Ranged Accuracy+5 On Windsdays: [Wind]+15 DMG:63 (wait a min, THF can arm a 63DMG bow now if Windsday is locked in?)

Hell, take a look at Lightningday

Lightning Ring - Thunder day of the week : HP-15% Accuracy+15 Ranged Accuracy+15

...or Iceday, get one of these on a BLM

Ice Ring - Ice day of the week : MP-15% Elemental magic skill +15

Fireday for RNG?

Fire Ring - Fire day of the week : HP-15% Attack+15 Ranged Attack+15

How about SAM's Great Katana?

Nukemaru - STR+2 On Firesdays: [Fire]+15 DMG:87

NIN's Katana?

Rai Kunimitsu - Critical hit rate +5% On Firesdays: [Fire]+15 DMG:41

MNK's Patas?

Mighty Patas - Evasion+5 On Firesdays: [Fire]+15 DMG:+22

Last edited:
With that in mind, how do you think the new Gorgets work?

The Gorgets seem to have the same names as the level 74 rings. Would the gorget have an effect on WS within a certain color band or would you use them to represent the stat you are attempting to raise for the specific WS?

Here's what I mean.

Red Lotus Blade shows as a "Red" colored WS on the WS list (CNTL-W), would you want to use a Flame Gorget to increase WS damage and accuracy on all Red colored WS in the list? Are you using the Gorget that related to the attribute you are trying to raise or the WS trait?

Gust Slash/Cyclone is based on DEX and INT, but it shows as a "Green" colored WS. Since both of these WS are 100% connect ACC wouldn't matter too much in these WS. Would having a Breeze Gorget (representing Windsday and the appropriate "Green" colored WS) have an effect on this?

Here's the big question. Sidewinder normally has a 5.0 Multiplier, would a RNG want to get a Breeze Gorget to increase Sidewinder/Slug Shot Accuracy and damage (Damage may be altered by upgrading the multiplier from 5.0 to a higher level). I use Sidewinder as an example because the multiplier on that WS is usually always at a fixed 5.0 with Slug Shot being completely dependant on AGI and Sidewinder based off of AGI & STR.

Stun WS are usually Lightning Based (Purple colored WS). I'm assuming one would want to use a Thunder Gorget to modify/increase the power of these WS.

All items are Rare/Ex, so their won't be any sort of monopoly on these items.

RNG would probably want Breeze Gorget/Light Gorget
Sidewinder/Slug Shot - Heavy Shot
THF would probably want Breeze Gorget/Light Gorget
Dancing Edge - Shark Bite
SAM would probably want Shadow Gorget
Tachi: Gekko

Do you guys think I'm seeing this right?

That's a good point...

The only other logic I could pull is if they're based on the day; however, since it doesn't say "On {}day:", then who knows. I prefer your solution because it wouldn't require someone to have a ring/obi for everyday.

Honestly, I've never recorded to see if I do more damage with Savage Blade on Lightsday (I think) or Burning Blade on Firesday... but, perhaps that's something to try out right there... I knew magic was bonused a bit by the day/elemental effects, but never considered WS. :shades01:

In terms of the Gorgets, this is what I was talking about. I don't think these have anything to do with weather effects/day of the week.

Gorget List

I think these may be based off of the actual box to the left of the WS in a weaponskill menu.

I believe both of the item types are available through quests, unfortunately it looks as if you have to be high in the PMs to do them.

The belts look as if they don't work the way I had hoped for, (by locking in a specific day) but I've been unable to personally verify it. It looks if if the item is geared more towards the mages.

The gorgets on the other hand hopefully still work the way I think they do. I guess we'll have to see who can test this out first.

I kept meaning to reply to this thread. I am 99% sure that these belts do what every BLM is thinking... make the 10% damage boost to Elemental Magic from day and weather that is normally random (I'd say 20% chance for each independently) 100% for the respective day. Needless to say, with this as a working hypothesis I have been drooling over them and investigating I learned that yes, they are quest rewards and yes, you must have EX items from {sea} to complete the quests ;_;. I can honestly say that most of the reason I am eager to finish PMs is to get these belts... and pwn my poor 58/60 inventory even more O.O;; anyways let's hurry to {sea} and get busy ^^.

-benny

Back