CoP Tuesdays: Promyvion-Vahzl - August 8, 2006

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
Greetings!

SUBJECT: Chains of Promathia - Chapter 5 (Guide: Sassafras's Ultimate CoP Guide)

DATE: August 8, 2006

GATHER TOGETHER POINT: Pso'Xja (Enter from Beaudicine Glacier (F-7) Tower)

GATHER TOGETHER TIME: 8:00 PM EST

ENTER/START TIME: 8:30-8:45 PM EST

NOTES: I and other White Mages will offer free teleports. Please get a linkshell from one of the following characters: Jobber (Whitegate), Sandycrystal (Port San'Doria), Ashena (Jeuno), Windyangel (Windurst), Bastokangel (Bastok) or Kati (Rabao). Linkshells will be available Wednesday night. I ask that people pick up a linkshell because it will cutdown on /tell miscommunication and it will make life easier when making parties. Oh, Aangeliceus can give pearls too... duh.

--------------------------------------------------------

You must have completed the following to advance with this group on August 8, 2006:
  • CoP Chapters 1-4
You must meet these requirements to continue on August 8, 2006:
  • Recieve Cut-Scene in Port Bastok
  • Speak with Cid in Metalworks
  • Your current mission MUST be "Desires of Emptiness"
The following items are required to enter this BC:
  • MP/HP Foods/Drinks/Potions (Hi-Potions for Tanks, Large Quantity)
  • Reraise Items (Whichever is available to suit you)
  • Appropriate Weapons/Gear/Ammo (Please don't show up in fishing gear ala JGP)
  • Appropriate Tools & Suffice Amount (Ninjitsu)
About Promyvion-Vahzl:

We must defeat three NM's on the way to the top floor where the BC is. Each floor teleport is controlled by a Memory Receptacle, just like the 1st three Promyvion's.

After you defeat the three NM's, you then have the option to warp to the top floor from the entrance. This will be good when doing other things or repeating the BC for other people.

In our case, we will probably have to fight our way to the top since there will be a few people that have not completed the three NM's yet.

There will be ONE appointed LEADER. If you DO NOT follow his/her instructions, you will be dropped from party. Unecessary aggro due to lack of discipline will be cause enough to get booted.

The BC fight contains three mobs, we fight 1 at time and this will be explained further in detail at the time of the BC.

REPEATING THE BC: We will repeat the BC provided we don't waste time gathering together on-time or waste time getting to the top. It will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour to get to the top provided everyone pays attention and listens.

CANCELLING THIS RUN: This run will be cancelled if we lack the correct number of jobs and bodies. I'm about NOT wasting time or EXP.

MORE TO BE POSTED ON THIS. PLEASE CHECK BACK AGAIN.

EDIT: God I hate this keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
oooo. New Linkshell? I wanna get a pretty green pearl (not nasty bright green). Are they Emerald green? Can I have one?

;)

By the way, if you have time Terro & other Anima are a big help. I have a recollection which I haven't made into an anima... if I'm available, willing to use it.

~Sass

Animas help a ton and dont take long to solo. Also Antidotes are a big help as a few of the boss fights have some nasty poison.

I'm going to update the main post with more information later.

Please don't forget to get a pearl before Tuesday. /tell Aangeliceus or /tell Cati in game to get a mule online with a sack. (I'm not online again until Friday night.)

I hope there is room for me to attend. :halo:

Quest – Empty Memories, once you have conversed with the Alchemist regarding animas, you are free to erase your memory at your own will.

Code:
Recollection of Fear: Psychoanima = NM is intimidated for 20-30 seconds
Recollection of Guilt: Terroanima = NM self-kites for 20-30 seconds
Recollection of Pain: Hysteroanima = Prevents TP attacks for 20-30 seconds

[B]In Promyvion-Dem:[/B] 
Wanderers drop Recollection of Pain 
Weepers drop Recollection of Guilt 
Seethers drop Recollection of Fear 
[B]In Promyvion-Holla:[/B] 
Wanderers drop Recollection of Fear 
Weepers drop Recollection of Pain 
Seethers drop Recollection of Guilt 
[B]In Promyvion-Mea:[/B] 
Wanderers drop Recollection of Guilt 
Weepers drop Recollection of Fear 
Seethers drop Recollection of Pain

Apollyonzorz said:
My bow and Axe are at your service

(animas are a good idea)

Wow, Lord of the Rings flashback there Apo.

Looks like we will aiming for two runs of the BC. We can take an alliance of two parties and mish-mesh BC members.

ANIMA ARE A VERY GOOD IDEA AS STATES. Get your level 30 gear and head to the crags!

More to come later, I'm busy with work at the moment.

I have all three anima and recollections to get 3 more (this is possible if I set HP to Jeuno and warp back there, get 3 anima and get port back. Then I can have porter send me to last floor and run over to the spire if I remember correctly)

Hoping you'll have room for me, won't be able to get on to try and snag a pearl till late this weekend, busy with work atm. I'll try to farm some anima this weekend as well.

If we do two runs, we'll need as many as possible. I don't mind getting extra and warping back and forth to trade them in. Anima's are a way to get a sure win.... the more the better.

Just a note - max anima per person is 7 (without another farming trip) 3 different anima with you. one turned into palace guy on hold & 3 different recollections on you.

Last edited:
Thanks Sassa, I'll try to fill up Cati tonight, tomorrow. Sometimes the drop rate sucks on those.

Don't go overboard with the animas if you don't want to discourage people. You can easily separate Promyvion - Vahzl into two separate parts.

Part 1 - Getting everyone to the top
Part 2 - Killing the Boss

You can do Part 1 and Part 2 separately if necessary since once people get to the top you can basically warp to the BC. Animas aren't needed until part 2. It's good for each person to have a few, but 7 per person might a little too much, lol.

Re: Animas- Kalia

Agreed Kalia. I was just saying that so people wouldn't get mad etc. The reality is 1-2 per person is usually more than enough. 90% of the time only needed for BC. The self kiting one is nice b/c you can have the person with that anima watch for the 2nd Boss to start moving, ~ 10% HP of the first, toss that at the 2nd while you finish off the first. Just don't accidently hit the third in all the rukus (hehe..).

Don't go overboard with the animas if you don't want to discourage people. You can easily separate Promyvion - Vahzl into two separate parts.

Part 1 - Getting everyone to the top
Part 2 - Killing the Boss

You can do Part 1 and Part 2 separately if necessary since once people get to the top you can basically warp to the BC. Animas aren't needed until part 2. It's good for each person to have a few, but 7 per person might a little too much, lol.

This a bump and a reminder for Tuesday.

Please try and get a pearl from me tonight (Monday). /tell Aa or Cati for Mule location. Elvier has sack too.

ALSO: I'll be doing Anima farming tonight starting around 6:00 PM EST. I will start at Mea first most likely to see how it goes. We need to get as many as possible.. I'll have teleports/d2's available so we can exchange the animas in Jeuno.

Thanks.

Back