CoP Tuesdays: Chapter 5 Continued -- August 15, 2006

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
Greetings!

SUBJECT: Chains of Promathia - Chapter 5 (Guide: Sassafras's Ultimate CoP Guide)

DATE: August 15, 2006

GATHER TOGETHER POINT: Pso'Xja (Enter Tower @ J-8 from Beaucedine Glacier)

GATHER TOGETHER TIME: 8:00 PM EST

ENTER/START TIME: 8:30-8:45 PM EST

NOTES: If you are just joining CoP Tuesdays (PromathiaYuuetsu), please be sure to pickup a pearl from a current member with a sack.

---------------------------------------

Greetings:

By 8/15/06, you need to have the following completed:

PATH #1: Past Sins, Southern Legend, Partners Without Fame, A Century of Hardship

1. Talked to Cid after the Promyvion-Vahzl BC. (Bastok Metalworks H-8)

2. Speak with Despachiaire on the top floor of Tavnazian Safehold @ (K-10).

3. Windurst Woods: Vashai's Residence and speak with Perih Vashai @ (K-7).

4. Speak with Honoi-Gomoi in the southern section of Windurst Waters @ (E-7). (This appears to be optional)

5. Travel to Purgonorgo Isle via the Manaclipper in Bibiki Bay and speak with the ‘???’ Warmachine @ (H-11).

6. Windurst Walls: Speak with Yoran-Oran within Yoran-Oran's Manor @ (E-5). (This appears to be optional.)

7. You can zone in to Oldton Movalpolos for a CS or you can do it when we go for the moblin BC.

PATH #1 STOPS HERE FOR NOW.

-------------------------------------------------------

PATH #2: The Pursuit of Paradise

1. Travel to the ‘???’ located @ (G-6) in LaTheine Plateau for a CS.

PATH #2 STOPS HERE FOR NOW.

PATH #3: Where Messengers Gather, Entanglement, Head Wind

1. Speak with Hinaree inside the Count's Manor @ (B-6) in Southern San d'Oria.

2. Zone to Port San d'Oria for a cutscene.

3. Speak with Chasalvige inside the San d'Orian Cathedral Manuscript Room @ (L-6) in Northern San d'Oria.

4. Head to the Rhinostery in the southern section of Windurst Waters and speak with Kerutoto @ (J-9). ### PLEASE NOTE: You may have to speak to this guy a few times to get the right CS--- You may get a Diabolos CS, then you have to zone and go back to him again. I had to click on him 3 times to get the right CS. Step #5 will not work if you don't get right CS. ###

5. In Windurst Walls speak with Yoran-Oran within Yoran-Oran's Manor @ (E-5)

PATH #3 STOPS HERE FOR NOW.

WHAT WE WILL DO ON 8/15/06:

Spiral

Gather together as noted above. We will be using Theifs Tools and Skeleton keys as necessary to avoid fighting each door mob as we up the spiral. This is level 50 cap and we will still have to fight mobs when Thief Tools/Skeleton Keys fail. Also there will be some aggro'd mobs I would guess.

After going through the 16 doors... cast sneak and and ride the elevator down to the Avatar Gate. Please bring Prism Powders, Silent Oil. (Or Tonko etc.) There are elementals around where you may not be able to cast.

See next post for preperation work.

Last edited:
Shu'Meyo%20Salt.jpg

This is the item we need for Snoll BC. You farm cluster cores and trade them to the Orc in Ulegrand Range. I already have cluser cores, I'll have to see how many I have. You need 2 to get 1 salt. This extends the time on the Snoll before he goes pop!

Cluster Cores are found in Lufaise Meadows and Miseraux Coast.

clustercore.jpg

-------------

Muddy-Siredon.jpg

You need to fish these up in Phanauet Channel... Trade them to a Tonberry to get the Blackened Muddy Siredon, used against the Mithran Trackers BC.

More details to come....

You going to do all 3 in one night or just the 16 doors?

Bugbear is cake with just about any regular party set up.

All you really need is a SMN for the 3 mithra's

I have a Shu'left over from an attempt a while ago for Snoll Tzar

You going to do all 3 in one night or just the 16 doors?

Bugbear is cake with just about any regular party set up.

All you really need is a SMN for the 3 mithra's

I have a Shu'left over from an attempt a while ago for Snoll Tzar

I seriously doubt all three...

I'm asking to getting prepped for all three, we'll do one for sure on 8/15 and then see how long that takes. Otherwise, We'll go to next tuesday after that for finsihing up Chapter 5.

In the mean time, we'l fish up the items we need for Tracker, Snoll & Moblin BC.

I have the salt and blackened siredon already .. lol been preparing a loooong time for COP and wanted to be ready. I fished up the siredon using a fly lure and a mithran rod a long time ago. I think any rod will work. I suggest talking to the NPC Anguenet (Carpenters' Landing- South) before starting out on the boat to North landing. It seems to help to "re-activate" the quest before going fishing. I have never failed to get the muddy siredon the first time out so it is not hard to do. Perhaps it is just a matter of getting the quest to "kick-in".

BTW PsoXja tower at J 8 is level 50 cap so you get to see me in my "golden" armor again :p

Also, I have some cluster cores that I can hand off to 2 other people. You will need to take 2 cluster cores to Uleguerand Range. The NPC you will be looking for is called Buffalostalker Dodzbraz -- He is located in the tunnels that run underneath Uleguerand Range. His <pos> is (F-9).

This is an essential item for the Snoll Tzar BC. Also, melee, please gather Opo-Opo Necklaces if you don't have one already. I have one myself....

I will provide Icarus Wings as well as Sleep Potions for the necklace TP sleep before we engage.

Does anyone happen to know which Skillchain / Magicburst works best on the Snoll.... We'll have NIN, WAR, PLD, THF, RDM, WHM. (I think)

----------------

Nekio: Do you want to come as THF or BST for Spiral?

I just remembered..........

A) Necklace is 61.
B) BC is Level 60.
C) We had People /SAM

I fail.

So, nevermind. I'll just bring wings.

Yeah, if we each have a salt.... that's 15secs x 6 = 90 Additional Seconds on top of the 45. So, 2 minutes and 15 seconds total time to win.

I also have /sam available to bring if that's the preference.

So we this is the order you'll prolly do it in
16 Doors (50 cap)
Bugbear (50 cap)
Mithra (50 Cap)
Snoll (60 cap)<---------- probably do next time /hurray for AF

Just out of curiosity, can anyone make skeleton keys? (lvl 43ish Bone and lvl 34ish Alchemy) They're up to 100k/stack. :x I have no idea if you can fail multiple times when picking a single door, nor do I know if Thief's Tools/Living Keys will work, but I have 5 skeleton and 2 tools as of now. I don't want to buy any more until I know no one can make them.

I won't be online until 6-7EST tomorrow, but if someone could let me know during the day, I can try to get stuff together when I log on.

Back