Confused About An In-game "personal Notice" I Received (about A Bug Report)

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Usually if there's a response to a bug report I make on the forum, it gets put as a reply on the actual forum thread...I've never received an in-game support desk "personal notice" before, so I'm highly confused as to what it's in regard to. I didn't even know there was an option for players to receive a "personal notice" from the support desk.

<<Here's a screenshot of the notice>>. The thing is...I don't have any idea what this is in regards to. The only semi-recent thing I've made a bug report about is <<a quest not being able to be accepted or even showing up>>...but I cannot for the life of me think why someone thought to send an in-game notice about it when a reply to that forum thread is the normal protocol.

If it wasn't about that bug report thread I made and is instead about the in-game "Report a Bug" function, then I'm even more confused because there's a disclaimer in the Support Desk menu about "Please note that we are unable to provide individual responses to reports."... and the last time I used that would've been MONTHS ago. Is there any way for me to get a clarification for what it's about?

----

To bring up a discussion about the issue at hand: If this notice DOES have to do with the "being unable to accept a quest" thread, and it's considered "working as intended"...then it makes no sense to not be able to accept a different quest from an NPC if it's showing as available on the in-game map. There's no ! above the NPC's head or a menu/dialogue option for that waiting quest. The quest in my journal somehow takes priority for any and all of the dialogue options for that NPC, and if it shows up on the map and mini-map as being available then logic would follow that I should be able to talk to the NPC and receive it...but that's not what happens. There's no indication of why the ! is on the map but not above the NPC, so at a bare minimum I would think that there's a flaw in how the information is displayed to the player. There should be some kind of dialogue option to see the quest, and when selecting it then it should pop up the quest accept page but have the 'accept' button grayed out with red text on the description stating why we're unable to accept that quest (like is the case with every other quest in the game. If you're too low level, you can talk to an npc and the warning tells you that you're too low level for the quest. But nothing like that happens for this quest...)

If I have "A Treasured Mother" in my quest log then I'm able to accept "Morbid Motivation"...which is normal behavior for pretty much every single quest in the game. But if the situation is backwards (if I have "Morbid Motivation" in my quest log and I don't have "A Treasured Mother") then I'm unable to accept "A Treasured Mother" until I either complete or abandon Morbid Motivation...does that not sound like a bug?

My apologies if I posted this thread in the wrong place, or went about the wrong way for trying to find an answer, but this whole thing has me extremely confused.

Continue reading...

Back