Computer at work

Talfus

~Lux Aeterna~
lol took Aluc's advice and brought my computer to work and tried hooking it up... for some reason it says there is a network cable unplugged...

I unhooked the network cable from the old machine first, saw the network connection die then plugged the cable into my computer so I know it's the right cable...

They have DSL here and I have cable modem at home. Not real computer savvy but I didn't think there was much of a difference...

If anyone knows something about this, please help me. ;)
It's going to be a long slow day at work here and would be nice to log on and do something.

Anyone think it's possible I broke the piece where the network cable plugs into? lol
Usually when you plug the cable into the back of the computer it's supposed to light up around the cable, yet it remains dark... very weird...

I sell, cellphones for Verizon... Cept the place I'm at during the weekends is dead as hell. Most of the time I get ppl walking in thinking I'm Subway. (next door)

Rofl, oh hell no Talf. You work for that company, Verizon Wireless, as well? Tsk tsk tsk. I am in a call center in TN for Customer Care.

Kinda funny to hear that you work for the devil too.

~Pitlith

With DSL you have to dial-up so to speak, and with cable you don't have to. If it's not that, I think you might have to create a new connection in Windows for a PPPoE connection.

ya it's weird... at home I plug the cable into my computer and internet starts right up. At work it's like nothing is plugged in, even thought it is.

I have found however, how to rig my bluetooth cellphone as a access point to the internet. lol

Back