Compatibility Issue

Andreay

So, I tried to install POL the other day. It finished and everything seemed fine. But when I tried to start POL, it would give me a compatibility issue thing. I was wondering if it was cause of Windows Vista and if anyone using Vista had any similar problem and could help me out.

Thanks,
Andreay

P.S. Yes, I do realize the time at which I am posting this.

I think Kenshinth uses Vista, idk though maybe you need to download one of those programs to fool POL into thinking youre still on XP

go to C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer
right click on POL.EXE
click the compatibility tab
check the box that allows you to run the program in compatibility mode
choose the version of windows you want to run it in
do the same for polboot.exe in C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI

maybe that will help, that is, if there is a compatibility mode option for Windows XP when running vista. Otherwise you can try using the windows 2000 compatibility mode

i dont run ffxi on vista but u can try wut furax posted im not sure if it will work. i do know wow works on vista though

If you could say what you mean by "it gave me a compatibility issue thing" that might help diagnose it. Screenshots, for example, would help.

its probably a driver issue of some sort, not vista itself. Im running x64 which, i believe, run the x86 emulator the same way for 32bit programing.

Back