Chat Text Bubbles Over Player Characters?

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Good evening, this is my first attempt at using forums at all so I'll be as clear as possible to not cause trouble.

I've found myself under the feeling that there's something lacking in the game as I walk around the streets of Limsa Lominsa or Ul'dah. I see groups of people sitting or standing and came to realize that the only talking I see is stuck in the corner of my screen inside the chat box where messages can be easily missed or create confusion as to who is talking.

You see a message that got your interest and you spend 10 minutes looking around to see if you can spot the name of who is saying it.

Lost messages between party members in a voice call because nobody is looking at the chat box, instead we are looking at our characters.

I feel like this game would benefit a lot from having Chat Bubbles over our characters heads to have a conversation between characters instead of feeling like you are trapped in a chat box hoping people can read your name and message following it without getting confused.

Would this be possible?

I know people say "it would get cluttered" it's as simple as making it distance based and a TOGGLE and size modifier. It's so simple, if you don't like it, you can just turn it off, names clutter the screen already so that's not an excuse to go against something that could improve immersion so much.

People keep saying I could just use a mod for it but I don't want to risk dealing with that in case developers don't approve it since I love streaming the game.

Continue reading...

Back