BRD Melee, I'm serious!

Archain

Kitteh Paws
This is just me being retarded, I just got my BRD to 75 on Monday and I've been playing with it for a few days; I wanted to share a few pictures!

I finally ported over some of the equipment I had from THF and tried to see if I could equip this to do a little damage, BRD DD style!

BRD%20General%20WS.jpg

I made sure I capped my skills and had some previous merits in Dagger that I could take with me when I tried this out. I put a few merits into the job to try out some of the unfamiliar stuff and to see how effective Troubador and Nightingale were since I was clueless.

BRD%20Skills.jpg

I went ahead and quickly did the Mordant Rime WS quest on Monday after I finally levelled BRD to 75. I wanted to make sure I could try it with the full toolbox. I took this to Campaign and Besieged a bit and even tried a few regular enemies when I wanted to mess with something.

I finally did get it though!

BRD%20WS%20List.jpg

I was able to mess around with Mordant Rime on Greater Colibri, but I soon realized that I was hurting in the ACC department. I'm pretty sure I must rely on Pizza in order to parse an acceptable ACC still. I was in the 84% ACC range with a meat start. While this is just for fun, it could get expensive fast, lol.

I did mess with it on the birds though and it works well despite my horrible mod focus with respect to Mordant Rime. I'll tweak it later and try to plug a little more CHR in there, I was essentially using an old Evisceration build and hadn't totally studied what I needed for MR yet.

At least I have a good starting point that I can compare tweaks against.

Mordant%20Spam.jpg

Here are two of the cleaner screenshots

Greater Colibri #1

Greater Colibri #2

AVG WS - 833
PEAK WS - 1309

• Pizza seems as if it required, I started at 78% ACC with meat and eventually moved to 84% ACC as I started eating Pizza.
  • Must merit Troubador and Nightingale to 10:00 recast for a 3 song cycle per 10 mins. Most time is spent singing songs and it cuts into the melee TP generation time, lol. Gotta maintain that party support!
I'll give this another shot after I start with pizza, fully merit Troubador and Nightingale, and set up a correctly built MR WS setup.

I tried out Besieged later too on BRD and had an Undead Swarm run to test MR on. It's even semi impressive on non birds.

Besieged%20Mordant%20Spam.jpg

All I have to say is you were doing decent dmg in that nyzul run we did. For a brd that isn't ment to do any dmg, any decent dmg added that isn't taken away from your job is awesome.

Having that Mandau makes you automatic DD!

hmm... 4 brd/nin + whm + sch mandau merit PT.
marx2 minx2 madx2 and uhh two more songs?

Calling a GM as we speak. BRD is not supposed to do this kind of damage. I order you to stop defying physical law. keke

Nice work.

Wow I knew BRDs hated pulling but I never thought you'd go to this length! lol

Looks good man, honestly didn't think brd was capable of that kind of damage.

Back