Bought The Online Starter Edition, Can't Login To Save My Life.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I decided to give this game a try after so many of my friends have told me for years about how much they love it, and I've really wanted a fun multiplayer game with a good character creator for a while. I tried and failed to get the free trial to work, but I figured trials are wonky sometimes and like a fool I had good faith that I'd have at least $20 worth of a good time, so I bought the online starter edition on PC. Now after the initial headache of learning that the Square Enix store account with which I bought the game is not the same thing as a Square Enix account I need to log in and play, I thought I had finally gotten properly signed up and ready. But no matter what I do, "incorrect ID/Password" is all I see. I reset my password, write it down character by character, and type it back in, incorrect. I copy and paste directly from the form in which I'm resetting it. Still incorrect. I submitted a support ticket but I haven't even gotten confirmation it's been received. I'd really like to play this game but to be honest every step of this process has been a nightmare and I'm at a loss at what to do at this point. I've reset my password 8 times and still can't even log in to my account page, let alone the game. Is there any common mistake I could be making? A common workaround I'm missing? Or am I just completely out of luck until and unless support gets back to me?

submitted by /u/chikinparm
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back