Black Screen Crashes During Shadowbringers Msq Cutscenes

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I've had this problem multiple times already, in numerous MSQ cutscenes (started out in HW) - at some point, the screen goes black and although the sounds keep playing, my monitor behaves as if it's lost all signal from the PC. Everything becomes unresponsive and the only thing I can do is to reset my PC.

Up until yesterday, I was able to handle such issues by either closing Chrome in the background, or lowering the graphic details, and the next time the cutscene would play out successfully. However, since yesterday I can't get through a cutscene playing in the MSQ "Shadowbringers" (SPOILER ALERT BELOW)
after The Dying Gasp trial fight, after the scene where Alisaie helps Alphinaud and then there's a shot of Ryne

The game keeps crashing right at this exact moment over and over. So far I've tried:
  • closing Chrome
  • lowering the graphic details as low as possible and switching to Full Screen mode from Borderless Window
  • reinstalling the game
  • I even cleaned up my PC case from as much dust as I was able to
but nothing helped. I'm at my wits end here, since this seems to be one of the last 5.0 story cutscenes and because I can't even watch it, my hype is almost all but gone, replaced by frustration. This isn't at all how I envisioned feeling despair when experiencing this story.

Here are my specs:
  • Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3,40 GHz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Radeon RX 590 8 GB
  • game installed on an SSD drive with 30 GB of free space

Anybody here can help me out? I think I'm going to go to YT, watch the cutscene there and just skip the one in game as a last resort, but this honestly is killing my immersion even more, and it's not the most practical solution in the long run.

Oh and I'd be grateful if someone here pointed out how do I use spoiler tags properly on this forum.

Continue reading...

Back