Ast Levelling Feels Underwhelming

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hey guys, healer main here. I've been maining White Mage ever since ARR and I've seen a lot of changes, spell removal, and so on. Feeling utterly bored with the class at this point, I've decided to try out AST. No PotD this time, decided to level up the class through dungeons and roulettes. I'm currently level 57 and... I'll admit, I'm very conflicted with the class.

In one hand, I love the versatility and the card system, it's like you're playing a minigame inside the game. Feels good to give buffs efficiently, and be rewarded by a stronger team-wide buff.

In the other hand... Everything else feels... weak? I struggle to keep my tank alive if they pull a bit too much, forcing me to stressfuly spam heals and lose focus on my cards. My mana melts like snow under the sun, even tho I use Lucid Dreaming and Lightspeed on cooldown and it's not unusual to be at 30% mana by the time the tank moves on to the next pull. The only oGCD heal I have so far is dangerous as it requires the tank to be low HP to get the best out of it.

Am I doing something wrong here or is it just the class? Does it get better later on? Playing as a WHM, I've never had these issues before. Healings were sufficient enough to allow me to place in a couple damage spells and oGCD spells were plenty enough to rectify most slip ups from my team.

Continue reading...

Back