Are you tired of Fafnir? This is the thread for you...

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Included drops are A. Body and E. Body.

Think I'm joking? HEad to JP forums. Its confirmed.

{Interest}? Thought so. (This has also been said to be the hardest BCNM fight in the game, period. /cheer. You not only fight Ouryu, but you also fight two elementals (wind and earth I believe) as well as an unspecified number of worms that use Stonega I-III, Quake, Rasp, etc. He flies at certain damage intervals, and like the other dragons, has a permanent phalanx-stle dmg taken - % at all times. {Fun}

I am sooooo up for this. And it's an ENM so no exp loss if you die. There's nothing to lose.

Is this really an ENM? I am somewhat confused. Does trading the Cloud Evoker to the ??? give you a key item to enter the battlefield? I think it is obvious that we need to start doing this asap. I'll try to find more info~.

-benny

PS: Notice that this Ouryu does *AoE Terror*? doubleyu tee ef

PPS: From what I can tell on forums and common sense, this is not an ENM but a full-fledged BC, complete with XP loss and all. You can think of it like DM. Trading the Cloud Evoker item to the ??? allows your alliance to enter the BC? I imagine.

PPPS: Any abjuration drops from this are as yet unconfirmed rumors... I'll believe this when I see a screen... tbh I think this may just be for Kunwu Ore @.@; but we'll have to kick its ass and see. Personally I think it's entirely reasonable to let us have some HQ NM loot in this kind of a nasty fight^^.

Last edited:
Maybe we can try this sometime with this sort of PT setup?
Tank PT:
PLD/WAR
PLD/WAR
RDM/SMN
BRD/SMN
WHM/SMN
WHM/SMN
BLM/SMN DD PT: (For elementals and DD on dragon later...?)
BLM/WHM
BLM/WHM
BLM/WHM
BLM/WHM
BLM/WHM
BRD/WHM
Do we know how many worms are present? We could try it BC40 worms style, where BLM sleepgas the worms and RNG take them down one at a time. Another strategy could be all RNGs use sleep bolts and kill the worms slowly.
Do the worms or elementals respawn? Perhaps it would be a good idea to get another PLD/WAR into the alliance to back up the other 2...I wonder if mistmelts will work to bring him down and reduce the damage on his Touchdown move?

He hits the PLDs in Koenigs for 177-250 dmg. That is going to require some pretty serious healing

BLM's reportedly are gimped ~25% dmg, just like on the regular dragons (and now Ballista... /sigh) This is not counting the resist rate... However, BLM are supposed to be OK on him. The CoP version is very weak to BLM; this one, not so much. He also reportedly has regular dmg -%, so even a plethora of RNG or such would be somewhat ineffective. Perhaps Monks?

The worms are unspecified; however, when you kill them, more respawn. No dice. A strategy I heard was to fight it like KS99 (we need to practice then) with heavy gravity-kiting. Melee build TP on elementals and worms (tricky tricky!) and WS / SC on the Dragon. He has lots of high damage AoE so this is risky... But doable. By the way, nice suggestion, but I don't think we have nearly that number of BLMs xD

Corvac said:
Umm... Let's focus on beating Tiamat first ?

I'd support this more if Tiamat popped conveniently whenever we traded some deal to a ??? somewhere. Do I want to beat Tiamat? Hell yes. Do I think we can? Absolutely. But I don't see any reason to not take advantage of the bone SE is throwing us with all these forced pop fights^^.

-benny

Fodder in regards to the damage he is hitting those Pld for Koenig does not massively decrease damage taken from such high lvl HNM's and 170-250 on a regular attack is comparable to the standard beating we take when fighting Nidhogg.

Not saying it isn't heavy damage but it's nothing extraordinary.

Back