Application error 0xc000007b

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gafgarion

Non-Validated User
Didn't know if this warranted its own thread since there's one similar to it, but my problem is a little different. I just downloaded the (x86) .net framework, and to get it to run had to download the windows installer 3.0. After doing that, I ran the .net framework and it installed, however, I'm still getting an error message when I try to run the parser ("The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b).") I'm running a beta version of XP professional, which is probably the problem. If there's any way of working around that I'd like to try, since this looks to be a really good parser. Thanks for the help :)

Why are you using a beta of XP Professional instead of normal version? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm???

And the next stupid question would be.... You did install Framework 2.0, yes?

Avast Matey!!!~ ;)

I know you've probably already thought of this, but did you install the correct version of .NET Framework? Available for download from MS are 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0. Did you get 2.0? Also you said you installed x86 .NET Framework, are you using an AMD 64-bit processor?

This is weird error, and it means the program is not a valid executable file.

changed the name of the thread so anyone else having application error problems will be able to readily distinguish the two threads from each other.

I know you've probably already thought of this, but did you install the correct version of .NET Framework? Available for download from MS are 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0. Did you get 2.0? Also you said you installed x86 .NET Framework, are you using an AMD 64-bit processor?

This is weird error, and it means the program is not a valid executable file.

Well, I couldn't really download from Microsoft since my version of Windows isn't valid. I have an Intel dual core processor and downloaded .NET 2.0. In a different thread you said that the program should be about 120 MB, while mine is only 88.28 MB.

Are you sure you can't download from Microsoft? The valid copy thing only affects Windows Update I believe, and you can get .NET Framework without going through Windows Update. I don't THINK it would make a difference, but really hard to say. Try this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=90&p=&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=&SrcFamilyId=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&u=http%3a%2f%2fdownload.microsoft.com%2fdownload%2f5%2f6%2f7%2f567758a3-759e-473e-bf8f-52154438565a%2fdotnetfx.exe

OK, well that link works. I'll uninstall the one I have and try this one just to be certain. I gotta go to class I'll be back in like, an hour and a half and I'll try :note: thanks

Ok, just reinstalled from the link you gave me and I still get the same error.

In that case I'm kind of at a loss. Do you know how to check your System and Application event logs?

Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer. On the thing that pops up click System, and see if you see any red circles with white X in the middle. It's not important unless the Date and Time fields exactly match the time you're trying to start the parser.

Try again with the one that says "Application" instead of System. If you see one that looks important, double click it and you may get a more informative description / error message

alright, i can see the event of the parser error, but it doesn't have a red x or anything, it just looks normal. when i double click on it i just get the same error message from before.

Well lemme search around tonight on the web about this error message, but I have a feeling you may be SoL without a non-beta version of the OS. :(

Don't worry about it too much, I'm sure this isn't a problem that'll affect many people other than myself. Appreciate the help though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back