[alternative] Housing System

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Buckle In: It's going to be another one of these threads.

Problem: The current housing/relocation system just isn't functional. It competes over unnecessary RNG, creates player dissatisfaction, punishes players, has caused harassment, and overall just isn't fun. I'm sure we — as a community — and Square Enix have heard the laundry list of issues.

Solution: Disclaimer: this solution is based on my personal experience of not being able to get a house now for the last 5+ years.

Purchasing: We should be able to see a status bar with a countdown for when that status will change (devaluation means nothing, to anyone, it's pointless). If we are going to have people camping for plots then those people should at least be able to leave for the next X amount of hours while the status is "Inactive." Let people play the game and not camp out here for sometimes 20 hours.
  • TLDR: Get rid of the "devaluation." Replace with status and countdown to next status.

Relocation: We have all been there. We are at hour 12, we've been spam clicking until we can't feel our wrist anymore, and then someone comes in. . . and relocates. It's hollowing, your whole day has been wasted now, and it's not really anyone's fault except the system's. Re-locations should have to fight a countdown timer. Relocators already have a home, camping players don't. I know people are going to complain about this change but it's just so unfair.
  • Option 1: Countdowns are applied to everyone
  • Bonus Option 2: Make it so only upgrading can be done immediately (going from a small to a medium, for example).

Buy & Sell System: I don't know why we don't have this when it was promised to us years ago. But putting that aside, there needs to be a trade system. For me, it would look like the following:
  • Players can "promote" tenants to house owners.
  • You can only own a home if: you have been playing for 6 months, do not own a home on your server (on any character).
  • Have your GC ranked correctly.
This means that money is once again moving around on the server. It creates more economy. I get that it may mean that houses are going to sell for obnoxious prices but people should be allowed to do with their gil as they please for the opportunity at getting a limited commode. I mean, people already sell FC houses. Allowing personal homes to have a system in place to be traded is beneficial overall. Players should likewise be allowed to get money back on houses they will no longer be playing with. I mean, my free company alone has spent over 200M on the Medium we have (over time). Housing is expensive for house owners.

Clarifications:
Despite my personal gripes, the updated would look as follows:

- Status Timer instead of Devaluation Timer (still RNG but frees people's time from camping).
"I'm not looking to see the RNG completely abolished, just adjusted. I don't think re-locators should be off the RNG hook. I also thing removing "Devaluation" timer and replacing it with an "RNG"-esque status timer is more efficient. It would look something like: Status: Inactive. 5H until status change. 5H could mean it goes active for purchase 5H could mean it resets inactive. Either way it's 5H players can be playing the game."

- Relotations on RNG as well. Players with homes shouldn't be able to come in and yeet away plots that people have been waiting / camping / fighting RNG for. Especially given those players don't have homes to begin with.

- B&S system. Pretty clear.

Continue reading...

Back