AION

Byrdman is

Thought about trying this and decided against it.

Screen shots of this game look nice, will be reading up on it just in case time permits to try it out.

they don't happen to have a trial account to try it out with do they? Dunno if i wanna drop $50 on it to just join the stack of other mmorpgs... wow, warhammer, etc...

they don't happen to have a trial account to try it out with do they? Dunno if i wanna drop $50 on it to just join the stack of other mmorpgs... wow, warhammer, etc...

I'm in same boat.. apparently I heard if you preordered you could have joined the beta.. cancel if you dont like.. never managed to try that though.

But yeah $50 is kinda steep for no trial.. it does look really cool though.

I picked up Aion a few days ago as well. That's actually where I've been. I probably won't be on FFXI anymore because of it since I can only really afford to keep 1 game going at a time. I'll probably play Aion until FFXIV comes out.

For those interested, I have a few characters on the Siel Server on Elyos side - Logankain: Gladiator, Mikaelah: Sorceror, Psylis: Assassin. I also have some on Ariel server on Asmodian side too. Logankain: Warrior, Psylis: Mage, Jaidelynn: Scout and Mikaelah: Priest

Yeah, but what is it like? Is it more epic? Do you feel like you have a greater effect on battles, are the quests not fetch quests /etcetc. Oh, and the leveling system, which I'd assume it has, maybe, /shrug.

Yeah, but what is it like? Is it more epic? Do you feel like you have a greater effect on battles, are the quests not fetch quests /etcetc. Oh, and the leveling system, which I'd assume it has, maybe, /shrug.

Too early too tell yet

Ariel server
Asmodian side
Name: Kenshinth
Class: Assassin

Last edited:

Sample screenshots.

Waiting for an instance to start.
aion0021bt.jpg

aion0041y.jpg

Defending our land against the scum known as Asmodians after a rift opened. :rolleyes:
aion0022ox.jpg

wow that interface looks very wow-esque.. not that that's a bad thing.. i do want to try it out though, however don't have $50 to drop on it. so many games i want right now x.x at least this is the only MMO on the list.

Hearing people complain already about the grind. It's NCSoft though so I'm not too surprised.

Back