Account Custody/ Linking Psn Advice

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
My twin brother officially owns the account I play on, despite having split the cost with him since we started. The PS4 is his. As of the last six months, I'm the one who uses it and as I am getting ready to move have considered approaching him about transferring full custody of the account to me. The intent is to buy a new PS4 and register the account to the new hardware so that I don't lose 7-years of work to SE's airtight policy or someone who doesn't even play.

I'm aware through a bit of research that separation of SE and PSN IDs is just about impossible save one time per account. Even if my brother agreed to relinquish the account, I'm rather worried that I'd be continuing to pay for something I can't use. All those achievements. All those TT cards. If it comes down to having to start over, I'll just not bother buying a PS4 or continue paying the subscription. I don't have the luxury of time to redo all of that work (especially, specifically, achievements).

I assume the other option (PC) is available except I've never owned one and that seems dramatically more expensive.

What's your opinion, community?

submitted by /u/AukwardOtter
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back