Abilities? (and some minor bug thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michaera

Non-Validated User
You should make a "currently known issues" thread. >.> <.< But yeah. Just one thing that I noticed the other day while doing a DRG party in the thickets. I think I remember the parser recording my Barrage damage as an ability correctly, but none of the jumps parsed. I'm guessing they're just not included yet since you said that you originally developed this for what you usually merit with, and most people don't want to merit with a DRG. :p But yeah. I'm sure you know it's a "bug," but I figured I'd put it down in a post too.

Also, I seem to come into some problems if I start parse > parse some stuff > stop parse > clear parse > start new parse. Sometimes it won't actually start parsing again, in which case I just close it, reopen, and restart it. I dun have an error log or anything for it yet but I can try to get one if it would help.

Yea as for abilities, the message looks identical to weaponskill message, even the chat code. So the only way for me to differentiate is to check the name of the action (e.g. Barrage, Dancing Edge, Chi Blast, etc) specifically. I only thought of a few originally, if I had a more complete list it would be easier, but until then I think it'll just be on a case by case basis when someone reports that something isn't working correctly.

Abilities that do not show up as abilities:

Jump
High Jump

Those I know for sure. The other abilities that I can think of that do damage and should be listed as abilities instead or weaponskills:

Chi Blast
Weapon Bash
Shield Bash
Barrage

List of damaging JAs:

WAR, THF, WHM, BLM, RDM, BST, BRD, SAM, SMN, BLU, PUP- none
MNK- Chi Blast
PLD- Shield Bash
DRK- Weapon Bash
RNG- Barrage
NIN- Sange
DRG- Jump, High Jump
COR- Fire Shot, Ice Shot, Wind Shot, Earth Shot, Thunder Shot, Water Shot

Thanks for the complete list. I also thought of Eagle Eye Shot, Dark Shot, and Light Shot, but otherwise I think this covers everything. Should be fixed in the next version, trying to clean everything up and get it going for sometime this week.

Dark Shot and Light Shot don't do damage i believe. Also forgot Super Jump and Blade bash (A SAM merited JA).

neither of those do Damage either. I didn't know whether or not dark/light shot did damage, I just assumed they did since the rest do.

Kalia said:
neither of those do Damage either. I didn't know whether or not dark/light shot did damage, I just assumed they did since the rest do.
I actually looked Blade Bash up when I saw this post, lol. And nope, no TP gained from the ability because no damage done. Light/Dark Shot used to do damage, until they added the sleep and dispel properties to them.

Super Jump is just a THF's Hide on crack when it comes to hate shedding (although when solo you can't break completely, usually much better in a group setting when you can open range). No damage done, but the Wyvern will do "Super Climb" as well to shed it's hate.

Sange doesn't actually show up as an ability on the mob. It's simply displayed as a ranged attack.

Ex:
(I throw a shuriken)
Doombringer's ranged attack does 100 damage to the mob.
Doombringer uses Sange.
(I throw a shuriken)
Doombringer's ranged attack does 1250 damage to the mob.
Doombringer's Copy Image wears off.

Puppetmaster JA

Not sure if this is the right place to post but...

The Sharpshot (RNG Type) Puppet uses a WS-style chat log message for their ranged attacks. I think it looks like:

{Automaton} uses Ranged Attack.
The {Monster} takes {amount} points of damage.

The parser is probably logging all of these as Abilities (or Skills) rather than ranged attacks.

Yea, and this is a tough one to fix too. Qiqirn mobs and some orcs (off the top of my head) use this also, and for them isn't it really an ability or skill rather than just a normal ranged attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back