A Straightforward Fix To Error [11035] (aka "unable To Launch Updater").

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Just to add some depth to this post, I'd like to let you know that I made this account just now for the sole purpose of sharing this information.

I had the cursed issue about four and a half hours ago. You know it if you've experienced it, the whole "Unable to launch updater. 11035" error. It seems innocent, but as you begin to realize that all of the other fixes for 11035 include other codes as well, you start to figure that perhaps this isn't going to be a good time.

I spent long enough scouring the internet for fixes, tried everything from changing values in the FFXIV_BOOT, to unchecking the read only box on C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn file directory, to exclusions on firewalls and anti-viruses, you name it. But I finally found something that worked!

The fix is so easy that I just about cried when I realized how simple it was, so here are the steps in all of its glory (at least for me):

1. Restart your computer in safe mode with networking ( https://support.avira.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002870214-How-do-I-boot-Windows-10-in-Safe-Mode- ).
  2. Log in to your Steam and start FFXIV.
  3. It will work perfectly as intended, and no error pops up. Why? I'm really not certain.

I'm no computer expert, or good at technical fixes by any means, so I can't explain why this works other than "the computer is running at bear minimum, so it's not running the thing causing the issues".

So there you have it. It should work, but if it doesn't, I'm very sorry to be possibly another one of those posts that makes you more frustrated at the fact that it didn't work for some reason.

Hope this helps!

submitted by /u/DOG-ATHON
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back