A Small Update

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
I've been back in FFXI for just under a week and I've made a bit of progress so far.

Aangeliceus - WHM up to 88 (from 75)
Cati - NIN up to 86 (from 75)

Dumped about 120 merits total between the two characters, fill up to 30 merits and warp back to Mog + limit break stuff. That one session of 11 hours on Saturday was excellent... Thanks Fodder!

Got started on the Magian Trials for the Katana.

Gear - decided to stay put until I get things up higher. Not worth dumping gil into new gear when it's gonna have to be changed anyway.

I'm going to be looking to go through the quests and missions of the expansions during the following week while I have a lot of vacation time. I think literally, I'll need to make a list of things to do. The Katana quest is time consuming because of having to track down and kill NM's multiple times to advance to the next stage. (Category:Trial of the Magians Katanas - BGWiki - Aiming for Kannagi)

My Dynamis Relic Katana - still in progress from where I left off. Need to go and trade in Stage 2 when I have time.

Still looking for a linkshell of some sort... the silence in /l is deafening, haha.

Gil - still easy to make. (using Bazaar mules) Going to purchase two of these new staffs for Aa & Cati when I get a little more cash.

Crafting - still have a load of supplies for Clothcraft and Goldsmithing, probably going to work on those during slower times. Fishing... hmmm.

Anyway, I know not many people stop by here but I'm going to use this as my on little log of things to do and things to accomplish.

Nice lol. Yeah I got up to abyssea level on the Kannagi trials.. kinda stopped there and burned myself out I think. I was literally playing nonstop... when not working. Still a bunch of stuff I need to do.. like VW's.. got all sandy clears at least. Though not sure I'm really a fan of VW.. I like how everyone gets their own loot pool, but that's about the extent of what I like about it.

I recommend you level BST. Serious! Can easily solo dynamis for a ton of currency. A bit frustrating sometimes though. As with anything in FFXI, the moment you decide to do something, everyone else on the server decides to do the same thing... which makes things not so fun.

Oh be prepared when you get to 99... to skill up all your weapons you've never used (at least for nin). They made skill up food now though, it's expensive but I just use sigil food enhancement and skill in wotg zones.

It's nice once you have weapons skilled though... I solo'd all pop NMs and Briareus (Gigas boss in La Theine) as bst/war lol. /war because some of the proc ws can only be used as war or /war. Think from now on though, I'll just form a party of people who want af3 items, a ton faster that way.. I've always been a bit of a loner in FFXI, I think we all know this, lol. I generally try to do everything by myself. But that's just not practical in this case...

As for linkshells.. I'd bug Fod to get you into FailBrew, lots of old Ultima/Nakama/etc people in there. They'll probably be more inclined to pearl you when you get some jobs to 99 and semi geared though. I feel kinda bad because I semi-quit shortly after I got pearled :blue-cry:

I say semi-quit because my content ID's are still active, I just only log on like once a week these days.

I stopped playing with the intent of concentrating on RL... now all I do is watch Netflix and play offline games.. go figure. Lol. I do have sort of a game plan over what I'll be doing with my life over the next three years or so at least. This year - getting myself out of debt. After that, thinking school. I'm solely a high school grad. Thinking about becoming an RN.. it's practical, and I think I might actually like it. I think if I do customer service for the rest of my life.. ugh, I don't even want to think of that. Lol.

As for the staff, I may have a synergist make me one.. I have all HQ staves lol.

Not sure how well you knew them, but Khayman is now playing as a taru named Sadpanda, and Joanna now playing as a renamed Funsies. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you run into them.

Also, I come here almost every day. Mostly nostalgia I think... never know who's gonna pop in, and I appreciate you keeping it up for as long as you have! I kinda miss the old days when Ultima was still around and people posted here daily.

Lumbering Lambert - A tough cookie to find some days.

I'm going to be looking for some people to go and low-man the HNM's from days past, just for fun and some old'ish gear.

Going to gather pop items when possible and working on BST some in the upcoming days as well.

Someone needs to write a newer leveling guide for those who start the game from level 1, most all of the guides are kind of out of date. I'm still catching up on updates to job abilities that I'm just finding at random. HA.

As for linkshells - I'll let the pieces fall as they may. I *may* and try to build a shell from players that are on at the same time as I am, maybe appeal for other people to move over to Valefor. (I don't plan on moving...) Valefor has just the right amount of activity and I bet there will be another world merge in the not-too-distant future.

More updates to come in the later days.

Yeah lumbering Lambert just sucks lol. As for leveling... One you have cruor, can leech any job from 30-99 in Abyssea just opening cheats with keys. Just sucks if you don't have skills leveled. Did that with bst because I had axe leveled to cap at 75 from war lol.

Couple of Updates:

cati-rogetsu.png

Fodder had been working with me to get the Attestation -- but so far, we've had some trouble. (bunch of MNK stuff but no NIN)

Finding Lambert:

finding_lambert.png

Making progress in getting things caught up plus working on a new character, just to feel the process from Level 1 all the way up. I soloed the Promys for CoP today, lol. I got jumped by some IT++ mobs in there that I didn't realize were there until it was too late.

Moving along...

Basically, I'm going to go back to working on getting my main jobs up to 99. Dealing with some the groups in Abyssea is sometimes problematic.

level up to 99 and then go work on skills to cap everything skill wise. My katana skill was a bit weak in the last Dynamis duo session. Stronger Katana will help in making Dynamis more doable in a timely fashion....

So many deaths before...

pol%202005-01-30%2009-04-48-87.jpg

I'm curious to see how far I can get with soloing CoP stuff. It was refreshing to walk in there and tear those things apart after the misery they caused back in this day:

Alliance CoP, lol:

pol%202004-12-13%2000-41-52-77.jpg

If you are ever needing help with anything, send me a /tell on Megatron. I mostly just do Dynamis and the other stuff in game isn't all that time consuming for me. I have access to all the mission fights currently released if you're needing any. Tuesdays and Saturdays are my most free days. Hope all is well!

If you are ever needing help with anything, send me a /tell on Megatron. I mostly just do Dynamis and the other stuff in game isn't all that time consuming for me. I have access to all the mission fights currently released if you're needing any. Tuesdays and Saturdays are my most free days. Hope all is well!

Predaking (aka Megatron) - Good to see you. I'll give you a /tell if I see you online when I'm around.

I'm still working on some side projects in FFXI and bringing up another character just for the fun of it. I've managed to solo all of CoP so far, I'm almost 1/2 way through CoP on the new character.

How are Assaults lately? I've not tried them at all... I wouldn't mind finishing up those.

Dynamis - got my attestation, just getting currency together for the next step.

Need to post a new update soonish. :)

Assaults and Salvage are pretty easy now at 99. The mobs in assaults are easily defeated at Lv.99. For Salvage on NIN or THF, I can pretty much hold my own solo versus any of the NQ mobs and the NMs. The chariot bosses still can be a "challenge" at 99 because of their TP moves, but are a lot more manageable. I think the hardest part is finding 3 people for the entry requirement.

Finally heard back from Coice, he's not dead after all. (not active in FFXI though) Joatru is out there somewhere too...

I've been offline for awhile, been working 14-16 hour days during our busy season for my job. It will slow down in October, but I will be hoping online tonight (Sat).

Shockwave casts Blinda.

Haha memories.

I'm in-game off and on still, just very busy IRL --- buying a house right now, that's taking up most all of my free time.

Valefor has been unusually busy recently, seems like a lot of people came back or started anew.

I'll have to sit down and write-up an update post and some point, we are hopefully expecting to move into our new house at the first week of March. That means, actually, no internet service for awhile too. It'll take a few weeks to get the FIOS type service transferred to the new place. (upgraded from 100mbps to 200mbps service after the move, wooo!)

Hope everyone had happy holidays!

Hey folks. Finally tossed my login info into tapatalk. No plans to restart any time soon though. Hope everyone is well.

Thinking about jumping in again... no internet right now though (just moved and I owe the cable company moneys), sometime within next week or two perhaps.

Hey folks. Finally tossed my login info into tapatalk. No plans to restart any time soon though. Hope everyone is well.

Although I see you on FB all the time, good to see you again here.

I updated the Tapatalk app today for the latest releases.

I'm still offline and online from time to time. We're moving into our new house on 3/1 and it will take a little while for the new Internet service to be moved. So, I'll be really offline for awhile at that point. After five years of waiting, I'll have my old PC setup back again.

Hope all else is well with everyone that stops by here.

Back