"a Connection Error Has Occurred" When Opening Launcher, Also No Access To Lodestone

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Dear All,

Since yesterday evening (17Jan2021) I find myself unable to access both the game and the Lodestone website.

The Launcher appears with the links to youtube twitter etc... and these links do work, but nothing else and the Launcher states that:

"A connection error has occurred. Please try again later"

When trying to access the lodestone (both NA and EU), the site does not load and i get the message that it took too long for eu.finalfantasyxiv.com to respond.

The weird thing is that every other site on the internet does work properly and it is only the FFXIV launcher and the Lodestone that does not connnect for me.
Launchers of other companies (for example Battle.net from Blizzard) does properly load, so I believe that the issue must be specific for FFXIV only.

I tried opening the launcher without firewall, as administrator which yielded no results.
I also contacted my local ISP (Name ISP: Proximus, Country: Belgium) and with their help restarted and resetted my router/modem but this also did not fix it.

Would there be a way for Technical support at SE to check if there is a connection issue on the game's end, or have their been similar issues from other players with this ISP?

Thank you and kind regards,

Continue reading...

Back