12/5/09 - Tapatalk Updates [iPhone/Android/Nokia]

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
Greetings All!

I know that this website has pretty much died since most everyone has stopped playing FFXI with the exception of a few people.

However, I just wanted to pass along a few updates about Tapatalk that are available for the iPhone, Android and Nokia phones. Additionally, I will maintain this integration in the next site to be created for a FFXIV group that has yet-to-be-named. So, have a look at the details below.

Nokia & Android Phones:

There is now a beta testing version of Tapatalk for these mobile devices that you are free to test if you would like. UltimaLS.com is available on these new beta apps and I expect a number of other sites to sign-on shortly.

Tapatalk / Supported Nokia Models said:
We are pleased to make the first version of Tapatalk Nokia Beta app available for download at this site. The app is designed specific for S60 5th Edition devices such as 5800, N97 and etc, and reportedly we received feedback from some beta testers that it appears to work fine in S60 3th Edition environment such as E-series and etc.

To get the beta application for Nokia phones, point your Nokia browser to: http://www.tapatalk.com/nokia/tapatalk.dm

Sorry, I don't have any Nokia screen shots.

To get involved in the Android testing program, please see this website to receive a copy of the Android application:

Join this forum. Then request the beta application.

Android Screenshots:

screenshot1259106174437.png

screenshot1259106249129.png

I don't own or have access to an Android phone for other screen captures at this time.

Lastly; there is a FREE iPhone version available that has a 'Read Only' function. You can't post messages, but you can read forums by using the free application.

You can get the free iPhone application here. Details on the differences between the paid and free application can been seen here.

Will update this thread later with more information...

Very interesting, I might hop over to the droid forum and check it out on mine later.

Which droid do you have Soj? I bought the Moto Droid a couple weeks back and am loving it.

sounds interesting.. may at least test out the free version of the iphone app later..

Tapatalk is working quite nicely on my Droid. The only posts I'm not able to view are the RSS feed news posts. -Omar

Tapatalk is working quite nicely on my Droid. The only posts I'm not able to view are the RSS feed news posts. -Omar

Hey Omar, good to see you. Thanks for the feedback.

I think for the majority, RSS feeds aren't ranked high in the order of need to read, maybe want to... but we'll see how the final application comes out when beta is over.

There are some other changes coming down the pike...

~AA

I'm enjoying Tapatalk. Sometimes I can't see a whole page of a thread depending on the amount of content, but it's overall come really handy. Thanks for posting a link to the list, also. Ultima is the only forum I actually follow on that thing. It'd be nice to make more use of it. :D

Back