¿papalymo In 6.0? My Wild Theory

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I wanted to say a theory I had recently. With the announcement of 6.0, I've started to think: ¿Papalymo may return? It's something I've always had in mind, but 6.0 made me think on it even more. These are however my thoughts, so regardless of how do you care or how do you see it, don't be rude.

First of all:
Lalafell/Dwarf/Little person racism aside, Papalymo has been one of the characters who has accompained the players since 1.0 (especially if they start in Gridania), and one of the Scions who has also appeared in the app crossovers. I don't see his return so crazy for a character like that.

Truth is, he never had a "character development" like the other Scions, but well... he didn't had the time to do so neither. Were he to come back for 6.0, I'm sure he would get one.

I could be wrong about it (sure I'm wrong), but ¿why do I think that? ¿How can I think that after his death?

Papalymo's survival
I know, I know: "he died in patch 3.5"... ¿did he? One of the things we've learned from Final Fantasy XIV is this: you NEED to SEE the character die to confirm their death (or at least see their corpse if they have one).

Haurchefant, Ysayle, Conrad, Moenbryda, Varis... we've seen their deaths, how they spent their last breaths, or how they dissolved into aether. There are just few exceptions like Louisoix and Nael (dissolved but resurrected by Bahamut) or Zenos (commited suicide but survived from Resonant power).

Papalymo died just like Gaius, Gosetsu, or Yotsuyu (in Doma Castle) did: offscreen. We actually never saw them dying in screen, just being eclipsed by lights/explosions. Thanks to that they have reappeared revealing they actually escaped while we thought otherwise.

It is assumed Papalymo died after he conjured Louisoix's "cocoon" spell on Shinryu. But ¿was that which actually killed the old Archon five years ago? I always saw Louisoix went further with that spell: he also summoned the Twelve (Primals) and turned into one (Phoenix). After that, Louisoix died. However, Papalymo never summoned the Twelve nor turned into a Primal, he just did the cocoon spell.

By the way, something I also noticed is: for a veteran character from 1.0, Papalymo still haven't got a "tribute" moment like Moenbryda, Haurchefant, Ysayle, and Minfilia had. If he is dead, ¿why not giving him a "final place" quest like them?

Lyse confirmed his death when her tatoo dissapeared
¿Does it really prove he truly died? Sure, anyway all of this is just a theory. But I would think Papalymo just took the opportunity to fake his death and remove Lyse's tatoo to make the Scions to believe that. ¿Why would he do that?

In his final appearances, Papalymo seemed to be tired of the "Yda mummery", and wanted Lyse to go on and live as herself. He knew however there was only one thing it kept her from doing that: him. It looks to me that Papalymo was already planning to "dissappear" to let Lyse live. ¿Maybe that was the reason why he took Tupsimati prior the anything happened at Baelsar's Wall? And by the way, ¿where is the Tupsimati?

My recent hints from 6.0
Now I'll say why I'm thinking recently about Papalymo's return for 6.0.

The silliest thing is just a non-intentional allusion: In the 6.0 teaser, Fandaniel says the words "Far Edge of Fate". Though this doesn't actually need to mean anything, I couldn't avoid to think that was the title of patch 3.5, the patch in which Papalymo "died".

Yoshi-P and Koji Fox mentioned that many characters may return in 6.0 for the final chapter of the story arc. This could confirm Papalymo's appearance, at least possibly as a ghost along with other deceased characters. But I still think he may reappear alive.

And as I said before, Papalymo didn't had a character development like the other Scions. If Papalymo is still alive however, I think he may get one along with a new job. And the rumour about the "Necromancer" being the other 6.0 job makes me think it could fit for Papalymo's new job. Though it will be a Physical DPS, Necromancer has been always related with dark magic, so, something near to thaumaturgy. This third theory however depends of what the other new job really is. Truth be told, I'd love to see him as a "Lala Reaper". xD

That's it. These are just silly theories that won't be true about a character no one remembers anymore, so forget it. Let's see what happens in Endwalker. I just will say: Sorry if my english was bad. :p

Continue reading...

Back